PDA

View Full Version : miss at near WOT

1987HondaAccord
09-21-2005, 12:24 PM
ok, i've noticed it a couple of times now. I can feel my car studder if i get close to flooring it at a low rpm. by low i mean 1-2k. if feels as though I have no power for a sec, and then its back. It sounds kinda funny too, it kinda hard to describe, but i guess i would say its kinda like a pop, but very muffled.

any ideas?

Busted_Blue
09-21-2005, 01:47 PM
my guess is you need a tuneup. change your sparkplugs, wires, and distributor cap and rotor and see if that helps.

if not, it could be similar to a problem i had couple months back where the coil went bad on and off.

good luck.

shepherd79
09-21-2005, 03:20 PM
actually, you may want to check your vacuum advance on distributor. the vacuum changes from one line to another at 1500rpm. if you have a whole in there, it won't hold the vacuum all the way and it won't advance timing all the way at right time.
i have the same problem and that is what causes my car to miss.
You can get a new vacuum setup from advance auto for $54 i believe or you can go through junk yards to find one that is still working. I have been looking at junk yards for over a year and everytime they all can't hold the vacuum.