PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust leaks

AccordDX86
09-22-2005, 11:07 AM
Hey. I just put an new muffler on my my car monday. The inlet for the exhaust is 2 1/2" I believe (which is odd, because I cant imagine any car that the muffler is made for has anything NEAR 2 1/2") and my car has a 1 3/4". So, being my brother works at an auto parts store, I got everything there for a good price. Anyway, got home took a little while deciding how to hang it, and finally did. But, my problem is, since i have the muffler running from 2 adapters, I have one or maybe two SLIGHT exhaust leaks. Is this something to worry about?

Thanks,
Brett.

shepherd79
09-22-2005, 02:00 PM
no, don't worry about it for now, but you may want to get to muffler shop and get 2 1/4 full exhaust done. this way it will be better that stock piping and oversized muffler.

racerx
09-26-2005, 07:20 AM
not a problem, but you won't get the full potential out of any exhaust that leaks.

definately go with a full 2.25" exhaust though. mufflers are just the icing on the cake, not the real deal.

SteveDX89
09-26-2005, 08:09 AM
Only problem you'll have with leaks is when you go for any type of safety inspection. Also, if you start to smell fumes inside the car, get it fixed.

kaltenacht
09-26-2005, 08:17 AM
yes, i agree, it really isnt much to worry about unless you smell fumes in the car. I would try to fix next time you have to have your car inspected. Here in NC, you cant have any sort of exhaust leak...

racerx
09-26-2005, 08:21 PM
whoa... i didn't know some states even checked for doggone leaks...

here they just put the sniffer thing on your exhaust, and if you pass, you pass.