PDA

View Full Version : another poor idle

Tha Realist
09-23-2005, 07:22 AM
i did the civic intake conversion and followed the instructions found on this website now i have a very sorry idle. i also have a msd 6al,accel coil and wires(spiral core of course) and the idle just sucks. no vacuum leaks.anybody have any idea what it could be? should i go back to stock intake? i also tried changing the a/f mixture could that be the problem?

A20A1
09-23-2005, 11:08 AM
Is your's a short ram or cold air?

Someone else was complaining about idle problems with a CAI.

I wouldn't mess with the A/F screw.

Double check to see that the Civic air box isn't touching any of the choke parts on the carb... cause that would keep the choke from opening.

Also how is the weather where you are?

Is the problem all the time?

Does it get better or worse when the car is warmed up?

Tha Realist
09-29-2005, 02:15 PM
sorry for the delayed response i,m on a library computer
it's cai
the choke works good
the weather is just now starting to get cold
the problem is all the time
it gets a little better when it's warmed up

smufguy
09-30-2005, 09:38 AM
See if you have the fast idle valve correctly installed and have enough coolant, when u meant poor idle, do you mean its high? cause if it is, it all depends on the IAC feed and also the temperature of the coolant in ur car.

Tha Realist
10-06-2005, 01:05 PM
thanks

Pro_Mod_Accord
10-06-2005, 01:50 PM
hhmmmm...I may be mistaken, but you said it's colder outside now.....with colder air the car might be running a little to lean when the engine is warmed up...special with a CAI....remove it and if you notice a improvement keep it off until summer...unless you wanna mess with the carb...

You could as so try to increase you ignition timming a few degrees to see if that compensates for the different fuel to air ratio.....worth a try..

If you are running a colder plug then stock, then go back to the hotter plug..

hopefully you figure it out....