PDA

View Full Version : 89honda accord carb hesitates and stutters

89_honda_accord
09-23-2005, 09:47 PM
my car is extyremly hesitative from a stop to the point it's like it wants to die but then goes and sometimes not even everytime i drive it it'll act as if its missing really bad and its looses speed and at times im lucky to maintain 25 mph and when it does that i can smell fuel STRONGLYi checked the plugs and they are clean and only have 2,000 miles on them air filter is 2 months old old is at 2,600 miles about in use um i was checking EGR should it be on when its idling? cause it is hot or coldit closes as engine speed increases. and reopens as it returns to idle. my car is the carbeurated engine with the auto trannyand i notice i have more air charge temp sensor is that the sensor mounted on the air cleaner? if so could that cause these problems? any other ideas?check day is thursday so sooner i figure this out the better so i can get it fixed before the snow hits BTW i live in salt lake area and around the mountains. my car was gotten in missouri and i moved to salt lake city Utah. i that has anything to do with it... well if any can help it would be greatly appreicated. well the O2 was changed and its TONS better BUT its still goes back to hesitating when cold outside nomatter if the engine is warm or not.

A20A1
09-23-2005, 10:07 PM
Are you higher up in elevation?

89_honda_accord
09-25-2005, 10:54 PM
Are you higher up in elevation?
uh yeah im in the salt lake valley which is surrounded by mountians and very high up i think im around 4 thousand feet or so not sure.