PDA

View Full Version : dome light goes out

rbeaud
08-14-2002, 10:06 AM
I'm not sure what I did, but soon after installing a new head unit my dome light went out. I determined that the fuse was blown. New fuse and the problem came back shortly. The head unit is wired directly to the battery, bypassing the stock power wiring.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Roland

89accordlxi
08-14-2002, 11:22 AM
Check the cigarette lighter. Maybe you knocked a wire loose or pinched something when installing the head unit. I am pretty sure the cig. lighter and dome light are on same fuse. So if your cig. lighter doens't work when domelight is out then maybe cig. lighter is were problem is.

Hope this helped.

Good luck

Peace...

rbeaud
09-30-2002, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by 89accordlxi
Check the cigarette lighter. Maybe you knocked a wire loose or pinched something when installing the head unit. I am pretty sure the cig. lighter and dome light are on same fuse. So if your cig. lighter doens't work when domelight is out then maybe cig. lighter is were problem is.

Hope this helped.

Good luck

Peace...

Thanks for the advice. I made the correction soon after you suggested the fix. No problems with the circuit since. As I don't smoke the lighter should be happy sitting in the ash tray.

Cheers,

Roland