PDA

View Full Version : Need To Find Perfomance Parts

Acidbath88accordlx
09-24-2005, 02:29 PM
Ok Trying to find parts for my engine, winter is coming and getting a boneyard engine stripped down and then built. Still going to be carbed, and I have the exuast picked out (Pacesetter front to back) and clutch (Cluthmasters FX100 Stage 1 kit), no NOS and stock tranny (5-speed manual). Can't find any websites for anything except wires :help: Any advice?
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/4889/picture0177fj.th.jpg (http://img259.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture0177fj.jpg)

A20A1
09-24-2005, 04:22 PM
Here is a company where some people got flywheels and adjustable cam gears
FIDANZA (http://www.fidanza.com/Default.aspx)

Look for universal parts, a lot of things will work with the accord it just needs to be adapted.

I may end up selling some parts off my accord, unless I move them to the Corolla.
- Accel Coil
- 4BBL Carb Intake Manifold ( It will be finised before I sell it )
- Maybe my 2 B&M Oil Coolers
- Steering Wheel
- Autometer Tach

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/319000-319999/319268_134_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/319000-319999/319268_122_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/319000-319999/319268_48_full.jpg

bobafett
09-24-2005, 08:44 PM
are you sure you can actually get cam gears??? i need one baaad...

www.ebaymotors.com or www.jcwhitney.com or summitracing.com should all have the pacesetter headers

also www.horsepowerfreaks.com has clutches and lots of other shit...

Acidbath88accordlx
09-25-2005, 03:02 PM
Found some good stuff on horsepowerfreaks thanks bobafett... not any engine parts but suspension and shifting stuff which is cool..... Anybody else has sites or Ideas also?

bradSA138
10-02-2005, 12:35 AM
check the NOPI online store, importperformanceparts.net, Hondazone.com; I am in the same boat just fuel injected....

rjudgey
10-03-2005, 09:15 AM
Don't buy Clutchmasters their poo goto clutchnet they do everything for anything and are pretty reasonable in cost and their clutches and flywheels are the best quality i've seen period!! Check it out.
www.clutchnet.com
I've bought a clutch, organic disk and flywheel for my 2G Lude and it's the mutt's nut's serious kit the disk looks like it could withstand a thousand hard launches and still be in one piece have a look on my cardomain site for pics.

hot-87-hatch
10-10-2005, 11:20 PM
Just looked at fidanxa for cam gears. No luck

bobafett
10-11-2005, 09:10 AM
golden eagle made a run of cam gears for us... those are the only in existance. :( openloop facilitated the group buy, and they are allllll gone. :(

A20A1
10-11-2005, 10:01 AM
Hrm, I thought it was findanza not golden eagle, sorry you guys. :(

EDIT:

Here it is... I guess I was right.

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=19334

oops:

EDIT:

I was wrong

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=19334&page=4

sorry :)

http://openloopmotorsports.com/camgear.jpg

bobafett
10-11-2005, 10:43 AM
i just emailed them, asking them what it would take to get "one" or another run of these, hopefully they bother to even respond. :)

Acidbath88accordlx
10-11-2005, 01:17 PM
It would be great if the performance industry would open up their eyes and just make stuff... I mean they make body kits for our car for god's sake! :banghead:

A20A1
10-11-2005, 01:28 PM
They used to make kits for our car... and the ones currently made are modified versions of the 4th gen and other honda cars, so even if they fit, they don't quite match the car.

Acidbath88accordlx
10-12-2005, 12:54 PM
Ok, what kind of regrind should I have Done? I want it between mild and wild if you understand what I'm asking. Like the duration I think is what I'm asking... Or something like that... as soon as I get an Idea I'm contacting Colt Cams in Canada... REMINDER: The engine is being stripped down to the block but I don't want it to High performance.

Acidbath88accordlx
10-12-2005, 12:56 PM
Sorry can someone delete some of that... My bad

w00tw00t111
10-12-2005, 04:07 PM
Well guys I have a question for you. What is the need for a cam gear? I always thought that the reason for a cam gear is to advance or retard where the cam is at TDC. Sooo... why do you gain performance from this? I can totally understand why you gain power from a new cam grind but just rotating the cam? I know that to alot of you car geniuses this sounds like quite a n00b question but I've been thinking about it all day... all during the PSAT :(http://www.3geez.com/images/smilies/pat.gif
:uh:
Thanks for teh help you guys.

I as well am looking for some non-turbo performance. I have a t3/t4 sitting next to me as I type but... I'm saving up for a mustang hatchback and don't want to spend all the money that I'll need to, to complete my turbo project. So.. I'm figuring that the list of performance will be:
convert to efi w/ the obd-1 uberdata, CAI, MWild *mildish* cam regrind, B18 VictorX or Type R *knockoff* intake mani, Headers, full exhaust, 10:1 pistons, and maybe a bit of pocket porting and overbore. I'm just trying to calculate how many ponies/torque that I should be pushing to the ground with all this. I know that a few people have all this or most of it but, have never truly dynoed it just butt dyno. Does anyone have a clue? Like the one member with the Sport Compact Pro engine calculator, have you ever plugged these in? Or can you? Thanks

The overboring adds another question. Since Eagle custom makes our pistons anyways can they just make them larger then stock as well as having a higher compression? Our bores are like 84.3mm right? That should work correct?

Thanks for all the help you guys!

w00tw00t111
10-12-2005, 04:07 PM
Database seems to be messing up. Sorry for the double post

A20A1
10-13-2005, 04:29 PM
A few people were happy with the colt mild tri-flow
I think you'd find that a good cam as well.

I went with the regular wild grind on mine.
4,000 - 7,500

bobafett
10-13-2005, 08:54 PM
hes crazy! havent you seen the video!!! :) good job mike! :D :D :D

A20A1
10-14-2005, 01:42 AM
Yeah, that was all cam though, I didn't have any other mods really.

I would like a lighter flywheel. But I need 5-speed first. :)

To make it work you have to adjust your driving to keep the revs up. It's no good racing from a dead stop but once it gets moving then it's fine, I never intended it to be good for 1/4 mile racing. And I can't neutral drop with the auto to help me out any in off the line acceleration.

Acidbath88accordlx
10-14-2005, 02:09 PM
See, I need it for 1/4mile and some highway use too...

On another note.. I have a list started of parts and prices if any one wants to know what's all on there (It's Basicaly my post anyways so...) let me know maybe you guy's can give me a yah or nah...

bobafett
10-14-2005, 02:18 PM
i wouldnt mind looking over the list, maybe you found some parts i wasnt aware of.

Acidbath88accordlx
10-14-2005, 02:39 PM
Alright... I'll just go with "performance parts"

1. Pacesetter Header - Armorcoat
2. Pacesetter Monza Cat-back exuast
3. Pacesetter Hi-flow cat
4. Unorthodox Ultra L Alum. Fly wheel
5. Clutchmasters FX100 Stage 1 Clutch Kit
6. Holley Reman carb (only cause a friend of mine says he can "work" with it)
7. Pacesetter Quickshift Adj. Throw Shifter
8. Golden Eagle Adj. Cam Gear
9. Colt cam (don't know what to get...)
10. Accel Wires (how is it going to start if I don't have plug wires?)
11. Pacesetters shifter parts kit

Other than that still trying to find out about pistons, rings, Port and polish (If I should do it, I don't know...) new radiator (what kind?) and i don't know what else... get some things for a little color like oil cap and battery tie down but thats only for looks...

ANY OTHER IDEAS? and yes I'm--> :nuts:

Edit: Probably everything anyone can find...

Acidbath88accordlx
10-15-2005, 12:59 PM
With all that I'm getting (still don't know what kind of regrind cam to get) should I also get an MSD ignition? If so what kind?

A20A1
10-15-2005, 01:04 PM
I suggested Mild Colt Triflow, in my earlier post.

- Mild grind
-- 3500 – 6500 rpm power band

This is what I got.
- Wild Grind
-- 4000 – 7500 rpm power band

on thing to think about is... do you have a cam core?
A spare cam core. That way you can drive your car while you're waiting for your cam to be reground.

Acidbath88accordlx
10-15-2005, 01:08 PM
I can get one from the other engine. But is Mild Colt Tri-flow good for low end or is it good for High end or both?

bobafett
10-15-2005, 07:07 PM
any time you change your cam profile to get better top end you will lose low end. :( its just a matter of how much topend you want/need, and how much low end you are willing to sacrifice. most "fast" honda dont move unless its 3000-4000 rpm :)

w00tw00t111
10-15-2005, 08:43 PM
What I've been thinking about for awhile is if youre wanting a car that's good from a dig then what exactly are you looking for? I mean I know in the new MM&FF they put a roots blower on a test 'stang and from the line it made waay to much torque and they just spun the tires for the first several feet. *all the way through the begining of 3rd* :) So what is good for a street/drag car? I mean do you want a bunch of low end power or is that just gonna make it hard to get a nice clean launch? I mean if none of your power comes in until 3000rpm then youre just kinda biding(sp?) your time until you rev it up that quick. So just wanted y'alls opinion on the subject. :)

A20A1
10-15-2005, 09:05 PM
well if they can build low rpm and keep traction then you'd be off the line quicker.

I think if you have a manual car you'll just launch above 3,000 or slightly higher so you're over the hump, then from there it's just shifting so that the revs drop within the powerband right? I mean thats my auto's failing... I can't just drop it into 1st gear.

bobafett
10-15-2005, 09:43 PM
yeah mikes right. u can have a car with a 4000-7000 rpm powerband, and if its a manual, that just means it will be a dog around town, when ur saving gas, and all u need to do is downshift 2 gears and your moving. its not that big of a deal. even with a stock powerband, u need to downshift to get going (its not like most people drive around at 4000 rpm) even a stock 3g makes peak power at what 5500? with a manual its not a big deal. unless u want instant tq when u step on it at 2000 rpm, in which case, sell your NA 4-cyl!

Acidbath88accordlx
10-16-2005, 11:52 AM
I guess I'll be a pansy and just go mild Cause I don't really need that much top end (I don't think I'll go over 110, not even at the track...) just wanted a little more pick up is all.... Plus, I've Been reading some threads about changing the cam and using Pacesetter headers and it turning into a real slow dog and I don't need that...

:rant: On a sad note... Yesterday I was driving to work to get my Tow motor recertification and turned on one highway and looked in my rearveiw.... This punk must of been going at least 80 or 90 in a mid 90s Nissan Altima with four other people in it.... comes right up on my ass and stays there for a minute or two, then swings around me and just stay next to me for a couple of seconds on a two lane highway just to have his passengers :madflip: me off! WTF! I was pissed... I was already up to 40, faster then most cars just pulling on the road. Well my anger got to me and was on their ass, passing cars left and right... then I slowed down and thought this is stupid and a couple miles down the road they got pulled over by a cop... I'm such a dumbass for going as low as them... Thats why I take medication (maybe the doc needs to up it):blah: :nuts:

Anywho, thats why I need mid power band i think....:banghead: Oh and I do have a manual so thats a help I guess...

Acidbath88accordlx
10-17-2005, 03:59 PM
Ok... I Guess these are also considered "performance parts"

1. Ground Control Suspension kit 0" -3"
2. Suspension Techniques sway bar set
3. KYB GR-2 Gas Shocks
4. ProgressTeck Front ailignment Kit

Any one know where I can get a strut bar for a carbed engine?

89accorder
10-26-2005, 05:08 AM
im doing the same thing your doing acid. i pulled my a20 from an 88dx hatch the other day in the pouring rain.

i want to get a colt regrind "wild" i guess i have to find their adress and box it up and ship it to them??

I also want to build up my motor. i have everthing off except for my pistons and crank. i guess ill start micing stuff and make sure its in tolerance. i want aftermarket pistons, rings(im looking for higher compression ratio) and possibly an overbore. i think ill do my own porting work on my head. are aftermarket valvesprings avaliable for our head? id also like to find one of those adjustable cam gears. im still stuck on what im going to do about a carb.(thinking holley 2bbl 350cfm manual choke)

I already have a header and full exhaust, ill worry about ignition later.

Ill soon send out my block to have it hot tanked

thanks everyone!

89accorder
10-26-2005, 05:31 AM
i think more use could be made from that 4000-7500 powerband with use of the integra tranny. am i right? i think im gonna run an oil press. gauge when my motor is done.

Acidbath88accordlx
10-26-2005, 02:35 PM
go here- http://www.coltcams.com/main.htm

and here- http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=36861&page=3&highlight=integra+tranny

and also- http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=42138&highlight=integra+tranny

and many other threads just do a search on integra tranny

I also am probably going to do a tranny swap myself... just haven't decided which one to do.... and it's great to have another ohioan on here...:beer:

Acidbath88accordlx
11-28-2005, 02:50 PM
Ok... anyone heard of a Hi-performance Tranny from Gear Speed? Here's the site from overboost.com ..... http://www.overboost.com/obs/product.asp?pid=27443 Got on to late to ask customer service.... AND.. a Arospeed floor bar? I guess it's like a INSIDE sway bar.... I'll look up the site for that in a minute...:sad2:

Acidbath88accordlx
11-28-2005, 02:54 PM
Ahhh.... found it... It's from manhonda.com..... http://www.manhonda.com/ap/index.cfm?PG=2&level=153 looks preety sweet but unfortunetly where do you put your rear passengers?:sad2:

jigga89SEi
11-28-2005, 03:45 PM
Alright... I'll just go with "performance parts"
1. Pacesetter Header - Armorcoat
2. Pacesetter Monza Cat-back exuast
3. Pacesetter Hi-flow cat
4. Unorthodox Ultra L Alum. Fly wheel
5. Clutchmasters FX100 Stage 1 Clutch Kit
6. Holley Reman carb (only cause a friend of mine says he can "work" with it)
7. Pacesetter Quickshift Adj. Throw Shifter
8. Golden Eagle Adj. Cam Gear
9. Colt cam (don't know what to get...)
10. Accel Wires (how is it going to start if I don't have plug wires?)
11. Pacesetters shifter parts kit
Other than that still trying to find out about pistons, rings, Port and polish (If I should do it, I don't know...) new radiator (what kind?) and i don't know what else... get some things for a little color like oil cap and battery tie down but thats only for looks...
ANY OTHER IDEAS? and yes I'm--> :nuts:
Edit: Probably everything anyone can find...

Have you acctually purchased the flywheel?... Has Anyone?... Does anyone know where to find it cheaper than 500?

Acidbath88accordlx
11-28-2005, 03:48 PM
No not yet.... just getting an Idea... maybe or maybe not go with all or any that I posted... The flywheel costs (without S&H) $406.98... But been looking around at other sites and I think I found it cheaper

bobafett
11-28-2005, 03:57 PM
phrenology offers 16.5 lbs flywheels for around 150. im not sure if he is still making them, buy i would assume so. :) not anywhere near as light, but in some applications, there IS such a thing as too light of a flywheel