PDA

View Full Version : So I finally took Alex's (shepherd79) advice...

Busted_Blue
09-24-2005, 07:22 PM
yup, Raybrig White Sonics. $90 h4 headlights.

They look simply amazing in person, much better than the pics I've taken. I'll let the pics do the weak convincing.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/Raybrig%20Headlights/IMG_7118Small.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/Raybrig%20Headlights/IMG_7119Small.jpg

I replaced my silverstars with Raybrigs (yellow ion tinted one)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/Raybrig%20Headlights/IMG_7122Small.jpg
A nice reminder that I paid 40+ for each bulb. :)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/Raybrig%20Headlights/IMG_7124Small.jpg

can ya tell the difference?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/Raybrig%20Headlights/IMG_7125Small.jpg

it sure makes the silverstar look like sh*t doesn't it?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/Raybrig%20Headlights/IMG_7123Small.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/Raybrig%20Headlights/IMG_7126Small.jpg

here are two comparision pics, raybrigs on the passenger, silverstars on the driver.

Overall, these lightbulbs are far superior to the silverstars and the silverstars are GREAT bulbs to begin with. I am amazed at the sure brightness and white color of the raybrigs. If you are looking for the best halogen setup, you have seen it right here.

Hella housings + Raybrig bulbs = a whole lot of money but damn it looks hot. :D

Thanks alex for the heads up.

frankie89
09-24-2005, 07:44 PM
looks hot, im convinced...

Vanilla Sky
09-24-2005, 08:30 PM
wow. i know what i have to buy for my HB and for my upcoming 3gee.

bobafett
09-24-2005, 08:32 PM
can you send me a link to where you purchased the housings, as well as the bulbs...

88accordalltheway
09-24-2005, 09:23 PM
looks good, awesome investment!

mkymonkey
09-24-2005, 11:28 PM
can you send me a link to where you purchased the housings, as well as the bulbs...

moi aussi (thats me too in french), or you could just post it, :sad2:

Busted_Blue
09-25-2005, 12:00 AM
http://www.rallylights.com/hella/200mm.asp

MAKE SURE YOU BUY THIS ONE #HL79567

Since you want to buy raybrigs anyways, there isn't need to pay for extra bulbs you don't need.

http://store.racinglab.com/raywhitsonh4.html

Here is the white sonic bulbs. I bought mine from Super Autobacs and save like a few bucks compared to that website but hey, you already spending 180 bucks on lights. =P

I just drove around and I must say the color definitely feels like HID and with the output of the HID i pretty much fool couple of my friends that I had HIDs. I pretty much found the best setup for our cars without upgrading wires on our cars. Welcome to the best setup in terms of color and output.

It's kind of hard to justify buying these lights though. I drive alot during night (maybe 3-4hours at a time a day if i am out so I like to have my lighting really good. I wanted HIDS but hey..whats improper HIDs with glare going to do me any benefit? So the next best thing is this. I'm glad I shelled out the money for it.

Hash_man_Se_i
09-25-2005, 12:44 AM
Wow i'm amazed... it makes the silverstars look like shit, and the silverstars arent bad.

Definately going to need some of those.

thegreatdane
09-25-2005, 09:08 AM
Looks good but usually brighter bulbs is on expence of the lifetime of the bulbs. Are they proven to last as long as other longlasting bulbs?

bobafett
09-25-2005, 10:25 AM
yeah thats where i am at too. i drive a lot at night lately, and its scary not seeing where i am going. i still want to upgrade my wiring though, mine is sort of hacked up, i had to replace some of it one day when i fuse blew and i didnt notice it until afterwards, i swapped wiring for nothing. but i want to get a little bit heavier wires for these lights...

thanks for the links though. we will see if i can suck it up and buy them. i have a pair of silverstars, so i can start with that, and then when i really feel like stepping up i can go to the raybrigs. :-)

Busted_Blue
09-25-2005, 06:52 PM
Looks good but usually brighter bulbs is on expence of the lifetime of the bulbs. Are they proven to last as long as other longlasting bulbs?

as far as what you are saying, this could pose a problem. I'll find out won't I? I mean you can ask alex (shepherd79) since he was the first ones who said anything about these bulbs on 3geez. I'm pretty sure it is pretty close to that of the silverstars as it seems to be NOT brighter but....more white. The output in terms of coverage is about the same as the silverstars but the color output is more HID color. Silverstars cost about $40 pair vs these $40 each. It still hard to justify the spending, but hey you live once. :)

It is reccomended to those who want HID color headlights and proper halogen output. Seriously, I think this is the best setup in terms of plug and play using existing wires. As far as 55w/60w bulbs goes, these are the brightest yet colorful i've tested and seen.

shepherd79
09-26-2005, 04:28 PM
it is about time someone listened to my advise about headlights. I went through 3 diss headlight setups with at least 10 diff light bulbs. Raybig light bulbs were the best out of all of them. I used cheap crap from ebay and up to Raybrig sonic white (most expensive light bulbs I had).
Yes i said I had them, about a week ago my driver side low beam desided to burn out on me. I bought them bulbs when i had my old car and it is been over 2 years, getting to 3 years.
it may be not a lot, but considering that cheap ass light bulbs made by Eurolight or some other shit name last me no more than 3-6 month.
I am running regular extra bright halogen bulbs now ( not interested in all that expensive stuff no more), but i do miss the raybrig.
enjoy them while they last.
Some of you may want to check out ebay, i think i have seen a few sets there cheaper than racinglab.com price.

3G Jester
09-26-2005, 04:37 PM
i used to have PIAA's H3 on my projection lamps on the av6...80 each....i could see for fuckin miles.

HondaBoy
09-26-2005, 05:58 PM
yeah, those silverstar bulbs were crap IMO! i had done a comparison with them like last year or so. now i have Piaa GTX H4's. their color is nice, looks like the headlights of an acura TL. their output could be improved by a nice set of Hella or like brands H4 housings with a patterned lense instead of my euro projector ones. those pix you took there speak for themselves! there's a very noticeable difference in light output quality.

Busted_Blue
09-26-2005, 08:16 PM
yeah, those silverstar bulbs were crap IMO! i had done a comparison with them like last year or so. now i have Piaa GTX H4's. their color is nice, looks like the headlights of an acura TL. their output could be improved by a nice set of Hella or like brands H4 housings with a patterned lense instead of my euro projector ones. those pix you took there speak for themselves! there's a very noticeable difference in light output quality.

These pictures also don't do them justice. In person it looks far better than what the pics show so I'm happy with them. Just waiting till they burn out. hahahah :D

Busted_Blue
09-28-2005, 01:00 AM
http://store.yahoo.com/yhst-1408381693991/rah4whhbupa.html

here is another store that sells it that is quite a popular store with Honda-tech.

HondaBoy
09-28-2005, 07:53 PM
those sure would be nice to see in person. i'm trying to decide on which bulbs i'll pair up with some hella housings for my 280Z. those look decently priced compared to the Piaa bulb pairs which are usually around $90 whether i order them or buy them from a shop here in town.

maxoutracer
09-30-2005, 01:53 AM
looks good d.... man with that setup, i would save up another $100 and grab a real hid setup...

Busted_Blue
09-30-2005, 07:52 AM
looks good d.... man with that setup, i would save up another $100 and grab a real hid setup...

I don't want no cheap plug n play jesse. Don't worry I'll probably have something else up my sleeve. :lol:

as far as in person, it definitely feels like white and bright light. Its typically the same white blue color you get from those Ebay ones but it has OUTPUT! It definitely looks really nice with the yellow fogs I have. :D

od2681
09-30-2005, 08:00 AM
lookin good there

HondaBoy
09-30-2005, 12:17 PM
hey, i was just wondering. do those bulbs really just use 60/55 watts? or are they pulling a little more? i'd probley add some relays if its higher wattage. oh, and on the conversion housings, i would probley like those with the city lights in them. would anyone recommend those or do those pose a risk of water getting in?

bobafett
10-05-2005, 12:08 PM
GULP!!!

well i just orderd the 200mm hella housings, and the raybrig bulbs, i do a ton of commuting, and as the winter hours come up, a lot of it will be in the dark. it gets old hoping that there will be other cars around so that you can see where you are going. :)

ill keep you all posted when i get all my stuff in, and take some pics of the results. :D

jlros75
10-05-2005, 12:27 PM
Honda boy! You'll be better buying the ones without city lights because water get in there. Trust me. Or keep the headlights open.

bobafett
10-05-2005, 12:37 PM
yeah city lights are lame . i had a set of cheap housings with city lights.... no good. :(

HondaBoy
10-05-2005, 04:39 PM
well even with having my headlights sealed on the rubber boots, they still get damp inside when i leave them down over night. i just keep my headlights up all the time. anyway, when i have time i can solve that problem with a little water shield thingy. but yeah, where the city light would go would be a lot easier to seal up than where the headlight bulb goes. i'd probley not get the ones with the city light though. i do almost all of my driving at night, that's usually when i am either awake or have time to be out. i'll probley order some new conversions when i have a job again. just dont know which ones i'm going to go with. hella or another brand. most likely hella because they've had the housings around for a while now.

Busted_Blue
10-05-2005, 05:24 PM
I never a leak down with these Hella housings. The boots are so snugg it is ridiculous. Just make sure you bend one of the h4 metal contacts so it fits firmly into the wiriing harness. The hella gives less metal exposed that the conventional boots but a simple angled tab instead of parallel tabs will do the trick and keep the adapter snugged on the h4 bulb.

Congrats Bobba! Shame, you didn't wait..I was going to sell the H4 housings in a few weeks. =P

You won't regret. I love my setup. And I hate city lights. =)

bobafett
10-05-2005, 06:18 PM
darn... just so i know how much money i wasted, how much were u planning to sell them for? i just paid $195 shipped for everything, and i bought the wiring harness with the bulbs... :( lots of money and hopefully it is worth it... im sure it will be, i loved my cheapo bulbs with lame housings.. ;-)

frantik
10-05-2005, 06:46 PM
Honda boy! You'll be better buying the ones without city lights because water get in there. Trust me. Or keep the headlights open.

i have the kind with city lights and the water doesn't come in through the citylight hole, it comes in through the main hole where the h4 bulb goes.. the edge of the headlight cover is right over the center of the casing where the bulb socket is, so tons of water drips on it in the rain/car wash. i used a little electrical tape and sealed off the lights after hooking them up and they've stayed free of water so far

Busted which housings are you thinking of selling? your hella ones?

Busted_Blue
10-05-2005, 07:06 PM
i have the kind with city lights and the water doesn't come in through the citylight hole, it comes in through the main hole where the h4 bulb goes.. the edge of the headlight cover is right over the center of the casing where the bulb socket is, so tons of water drips on it in the rain/car wash. i used a little electrical tape and sealed off the lights after hooking them up and they've stayed free of water so far

Busted which housings are you thinking of selling? your hella ones?

The hellas...sooner or later. :lol:

SRT Handz
10-05-2005, 07:14 PM
Get some HID-IZZLES!!!

Busted_Blue
10-05-2005, 09:30 PM
Get some HID-IZZLES!!!

If im getting HIDs, i'm doing it the right way with projectors and a nice cutoff line without the shitty glare.