PDA

View Full Version : is this possible after a 5 speed swap?

newaccorddriver
09-27-2005, 06:27 PM
i plan on keeping my gauge cluster the way it is so nobody can say i didnt do the swap. i know that im supposed to solder the 2 thick black/white wires together to make the car start, and do something else to get the reverse lights to work. what im wondering is, i want the D4,D3,D2 and possibly N/P and R to light up on the gauge, is that possible? i took the shifter switch that controls the lights on the dash and such, but i cant seem to figure it out. does anybody know if its possible, and how i would be able to do it?

Legend_master
09-27-2005, 06:49 PM
i plan on keeping my gauge cluster the way it is so nobody can say i didnt do the swap. i know that im supposed to solder the 2 thick black/white wires together to make the car start, and do something else to get the reverse lights to work. what im wondering is, i want the D4,D3,D2 and possibly N/P and R to light up on the gauge, is that possible? i took the shifter switch that controls the lights on the dash and such, but i cant seem to figure it out. does anybody know if its possible, and how i would be able to do it?

Why do you need to prove it to anybody if you know you did it. I think the auto cluster will stay lit, but the light on the P will be the only one lit. You have to wire the car to think that it is in Park or nuetral so the car will start.

newaccorddriver
09-27-2005, 07:07 PM
Why do you need to prove it to anybody if you know you did it. I think the auto cluster will stay lit, but the light on the P will be the only one lit. You have to wire the car to think that it is in Park or nuetral so the car will start.

actually, i just took the whole thing apart to see how it all works. i think ive got it, one grounding screw and a slider that slides it onto a few other points which are on the dash. im pretty sure i can get it to work, but the pink wire is confusing me cause it doesnt look like it does anything

Legend_master
09-27-2005, 07:11 PM
actually, i just took the whole thing apart to see how it all works. i think ive got it, one grounding screw and a slider that slides it onto a few other points which are on the dash. im pretty sure i can get it to work, but the pink wire is confusing me cause it doesnt look like it does anything

just get a 5-speed tach for like $10.00 on ebay and stick it in there. It will look much nicer. I am not sure how the tack works along-side the ECU so wireing up all the light at once might mess something up.

newaccorddriver
09-27-2005, 07:36 PM
just grabs the signal from the coil ground.

DING DING DING DING DING DING!!! saw that one grounded plate where one thing slides againest, and saw the 5 other points and put that together. kinda cool how i could control which thing im on. stupid, but funny.