PDA

View Full Version : rear disc swap out of a prelude?

newaccorddriver
09-27-2005, 09:08 PM
is it possible to swap the rear discs out of an 86-87 prelude with rear discs, or does it have to be out of the SEi?

PhydeauX
09-28-2005, 01:44 PM
The must come from an accord SE-i. The prelude disks will not work. There was a rumor going around for a while that 1g teg disks could be adapted to fit, but nothing ever came of it other then a guy with no pics claiming it to work.

andy

newaccorddriver
09-28-2005, 03:57 PM
guess i wont be getting rear discs anytime soon :(

the se-i is a rare breed in the junkyards up here in canada, and not many people have them...

how much would it cost to get new parts for it?

phrenology
09-28-2005, 04:34 PM
is it possible to swap the rear discs out of an 86-87 prelude with rear discs, or does it have to be out of the SEi?

Yeah you can swap them onto the rear end of a 2G Accord wooohoo! But not a 3G sorry... :tongue:

buds302
09-28-2005, 05:02 PM
um the discs im not sure but i know the calipoers off a legend will fit on the rear discs for the 3g. i got two of em on there now. the setup looks close but i havent tried it

Busted_Blue
09-28-2005, 05:17 PM
you can probably try something with the 3rd gen preludes. I haven't heard anything about them not working or working for that matter..

PhydeauX
09-29-2005, 08:22 AM
I believe both the 1g legend and 3g lude don't work. They both have been discussed before.

Here's the link to the talk about the integra disks.. the pics are gone now and its old as hell.. http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=10949 AFAIK nothing in that thread was ever confirmed. I can't seem to turn up the other 2 threads.

The problem with the rear disk conversion on the accord is that the mounts for the rear calipers are cast into the rear knuckle and supposibly only the SE-i has these castings. You can see a diagram of it here (http://www.slhondaparts.com/browse.asp?Model=ACCORD&Year=1989&TrimLevel=4DR+SEI&TransLevel=5MTKL&Section=F&Category=B++1901%7CREAR+KNUCKLE%2DBRAKE+DISK&Doors=4&Emissions=KL&PartCatalogId=13SE00&ViewParts=true). So to swap the rear disks you have to swap the whole knuckle. No other honda shares the same rear knuckle with the 3g accord which is what makes this swap so hard to source parts for (btw I am 99% sure those parts on the S&L site are discontinued). No one knows how that one guy managed to get integra disks onto his accord, or for that matter if he ever managed to get them on at all. He was eventually banned, I forget why, I'm pretty sure it was cause he was a jerk and a troll. So take everything with a grain of salt.

andy

phrenology
09-29-2005, 09:52 AM
I thought LXi girl was still on here. I swear she posted something recently. Maybe someone should PM her and ask if she still has the pics??? :dunno:

Either way it doesn't affect me cause I'm 2G like Phydeaux but I like to help out whenever possible. :)