PDA

View Full Version : Sony CD Player Problem

therafiman
09-28-2005, 01:19 PM
I bought a CD Player for my Vauxhall Corsa (or Opel Corsa as its known in most countries) about 2 years ago, and want 2 move it 2 my accord 4 a while. The problem is, after a year of use it started gettin picky about playin CDs - it would play fine for an hour or so, then it would make a reading noise over and over before saying "ERROR" and spitting it out. As time went on, that hour became half an hour, then ten minutes, and now it doesnt play anything.

Occasionally it'll play a cd for a track or 2, but the quality will b very bad, like playing a damaged old cassette. iv tried cleaning the faceplate connections, and also used a cd lens cleaner - it even refused 2 play that properly for a while, and wen it finally worked it made no difference.

then i tried opening it 2 clean the inside, but i got as far as the cd enclosure b4 snapping the corner of the pcb by mistake, so i decided 2 stop.

the way its acting is very weird 2 me - iv had cd players get dusty b4, but the gradual way this got worse, and the way it reads cds every now and then 4 not very long, makes me think its not a simple dirty lens problem.

any ideas?

oh, and please dont say throw it away and get somethin thats not sony - i will do that at some point, but for now this is gona hav 2 do cos i hav no money.

spanky
09-28-2005, 04:48 PM
i had a sony cd deck that would only play cd's that were bought, it wouldn't play any that i would burn. so then i said wtf and bought a pioneer and never looked back.

therafiman
09-28-2005, 04:57 PM
this 1s made 2 read cdrs, it has cd text as well, im definitely never buyin sony again tho, workin on a car pc for the accord at the moment but i wanted 2 use this till that was done. and was also hopin 2 sell it, but i dont think ill get much 4 it as it is right now...

therafiman
09-30-2005, 11:43 AM
helpful lot aint ya... :sad2:

please dont say throw it away and get somethin thats not sony

so then i said wtf and bought a pioneer and never looked back

88accordhb
10-01-2005, 07:57 AM
please refrain from buyin any sony car audio product. please, thank you.

therafiman
10-01-2005, 09:30 PM
wow 88accordhb, i wish i could b as funny as u... :ugh:

88accordhb
10-02-2005, 08:03 AM
i wish i can be as sarcastic as you.

i was just saying, i've had sony speakers amps and hu, the player kept blowing my speakers from the hu built-in amp. the speakers kept blowing themselves up, and the amplifier didn't put out anything. sony is crap. that's why you have this thread up. compared to alpine or pioneer, it is crap.