PDA

View Full Version : WTF idle is BAD AGIAN

Rendon LX-i
09-28-2005, 05:41 PM
okay i had this Idle problem before and it was taken care of and yesterday when i went to work turned on and Idled at 2,000 rpm im like Opp here we go again...then it ran fine and was a 1,1000 rpm when the clutch is down...So i said i just buy some carb clean and spary it and clean it with a toothbrush like i did before and well got worse...now it starts and warms up at 2,000 rpm still and then goes to between 2,000 rpm and 1,500 rpm.... bouncing so im like wtf.....Any tips...I have a full tune up and shit so its up to date....Its not bring up codes or nothing no light but still bounces...So im really confussed.....

I searched and read to aldjust your Fast idle control vavle or clean it never missed with that before...??

Any help would be nice guys... :dunno:

1ajs
09-28-2005, 05:57 PM
...then it ran fine and was a 1,1000 rpm when the clutch is down...

^<<what the hell

umm check your throtle cable

Rendon LX-i
09-28-2005, 06:40 PM
Well i went out and cleaned the Fast Idle vavle and was really dirty and then i lowered my idle now its at 1,000 and 900 and perfect took it for a spin so well see how she acts up tommorow morning at really cold weather

sedare
09-28-2005, 11:30 PM
oh oh oh where do i find this fast idle valve?
I have had this problem on 2 honda 3g's.
Its just so flippin annoying :o

bobafett
09-29-2005, 06:02 AM
hey rendon mine has been doing the same thing. where is that valve on the 86's... ill take a look at mine. i have had that problem for quite a while, but i never knew what to check!

kaltenacht
09-29-2005, 08:10 AM
oh oh oh where do i find this fast idle valve?
I have had this problem on 2 honda 3g's.
Its just so flippin annoying :o

hey rendon mine has been doing the same thing. where is that valve on the 86's... ill take a look at mine. i have had that problem for quite a while, but i never knew what to check!

On fuel injected models the fast idle control valve is located on the left side of the tb just behind the throttle housing where the big u shaped air tube is.
http://img277.imageshack.us/img277/425/efi13oy.th.jpg (http://img277.imageshack.us/my.php?image=efi13oy.jpg)

bobafett
09-29-2005, 08:15 AM
cool thanks for that pic. i will definetly take a look at mine and clean it all out! ;-)

Rendon LX-i
09-29-2005, 10:02 PM
yeah that it is chris....My shit was really dirty i was shocked...carb cleaner and a toothbursh lol does a good job...and lowed my idle and since yesterday after i did that its running fine starts up and goes to 1,500 rpm like it supose to...

bobafett
09-30-2005, 05:54 AM
cleaned mine out, and when i started the car it still revved funny. but i didnt manage to get all the parts off of it, the stupid "bolts" were rusted to it... so i need to hit up the hardware store and find some bolts of the same thread pitch so i can replace them. ;-)

either way, i will find out this AM if it helped. also i disconnected some more vaccum lines, and thats always a fun time!

ill post up how it went when i get to work!

Rendon LX-i
09-30-2005, 05:41 PM
ight man.....I didnt even take my vavle out just took the top off and sprayed the hell of it and used a tooth brush....tell me how it goes thou

bobafett
09-30-2005, 07:45 PM
cool... yeah i gotta get some more bolts to i can replace them all and take it off and clean it better.

anyway i didnt have any surgine idle today, and it settles right down at 800 ish, which is perfect. however, i havent just waited for it to warm all the way up. i had to get to work, so i waited for a bit, and no surging, and then i took off. usually it will surge at the stoplights on my way to the freeway, but i didnt hit too many lights, so i didnt get a chance to have it surge when it normally would have. but i have a hunch that it helped out a lot!!!

Deadhead
10-01-2005, 10:23 AM
Hey, good to see that your cars are working fine again. One thing that might help, is that if you just remove the screws on that top plate, stick your finger in the center of there when it's surging and if it calms down, that's your problem.

To fix that, take a large screw driver and tighten it down until it's snug. I did this to my 86 LX-i and it hasn't given me a problem since.

bobafett
10-01-2005, 12:18 PM
cool... i will try to give this a shot this weekend. would be great to finally get rid of the lame surging idle problem

Pister
11-04-2005, 06:44 PM
Just tried this solution cause i had the same problem, my idle has dropped now, but alot of rich exhaust shootin out, any ideas?