PDA

View Full Version : what does this torque stabilizer bar do exactly

T-Funk
09-28-2005, 09:09 PM
http://www.slhondaparts.com/images/PCI/13SE00/011/3.jpg

im an idiot and snapped the bolt 32 without even thinking
i cant get it out yet and honda doesnt stock the damn thing, so i wired it up quite good but im very curious what it does
i have it on the tranny with the bushing in it and the washer on one side, then wired 3 times across the bar to the undercarriage/sway bar in case it slides off, and with a couple wires running to passenger side so it doesnt want to slide off

shifts better than normal cause i just solved my transmission problems due to low fluid thatg made me lose fifth for a while and generally feel grindy in gear and generally doesnt feel loose at the moment
so what does it do? (and im assuming it only rotates up and down around that part sticking out of tranny

A20A1
09-28-2005, 10:02 PM
It probably keeps your gear shifting allignment in place when the engine moves around when you shift.

If not, the engine moving might cause your trans to shift out of gear.

Thats just my guess.

Strugglebucket
09-28-2005, 10:12 PM
you should be able to get the broken bolt out fairly easily. there's not a lot of torque on it.

T-Funk
09-28-2005, 10:15 PM
i havent had any luck yet but i dont have any good tools around at the moment
on the weekend im going out to my parents house to use their goodies

carotman
09-28-2005, 11:24 PM
This bar holds the shifter in place basicaly. It allows the pivot point of the shifter to follow the engine movement. If the engine moves, rod #14 would also move. If the pivot point of the shifter was attached to the chassis itself it could go out of gear exactly like A20A1 said.

T-Funk
09-29-2005, 06:00 AM
thank you very much guys

Blkblurr
09-29-2005, 08:35 AM
Get a broken bolt extracter from Harbor freight. Drill a hole in the broken bolt and use the extractor to take it out. Just make sure the hole you drill is in the center of the broken bolt or it may not come out. Don't use Sears extractors because they don't work very well.