PDA

View Full Version : Strange noise.

TeKKnoTeKK
08-14-2002, 01:32 PM
It's really weird cuz this happens rarely....but sometimes, I can hear some sort of rubbing noise through the left vent. I used to think it was coming from the wheel, but closer observation proved it seemed to be coming from the vent. Weird thing is, it seems to get faster the higher the RPM's are. It's not a sound of metal rubbing, more like plastic or something. Any ideas?

Jdub07
08-14-2002, 01:39 PM
Was it the top driver side vent...sorta up by the windshield? Mine did that a few months ago. Sounded like leaves in the carb or some crazy shit. Same sound when higher rmps then went away. Two days later car died. No idea what it was so I just did a full tune up and VRRRRRRRROMMMM? Kinda wierd fixed the car not even knowing what it was. Maybe you just have something in the vent rumbling around? Is it at high rpms in nutral? or when moving?

TeKKnoTeKK
08-14-2002, 10:24 PM
Only when moving....and it does it very rarely, seems to only happen when I first start up the car. Eventually if I am driving for a while it goes away. No idea but it bugs me when it does happen.

shepherd79
08-15-2002, 04:03 AM
may be you have something under your car. check under your fenders. make sure tires don't rub or anything like that.

Jdub07
08-15-2002, 01:47 PM
I also had this noise in my old 77 bmw. the belt was split but not broken...when it would go around it was hitting sometimes making the fucked off noise. I didn't notice it was the belt cause I couldn't see it at first. Check your belt and hoses?

rocky2
08-16-2002, 03:36 PM
If someone dropped a coin,straw,lighter,a smoke,enevelope,ect,can cause weird noises.
I had a pen jammed into a heater flap that was
dropped down the defroster duct,that caused a no heat condition.