PDA

View Full Version : door hinge problems

lostforawhile
09-30-2005, 04:24 PM
has anyone else had problems with the two door model door hinges? i have a hatch and door hinge problems seem to be universal in all hatches no matter who makes them. i remember 80's mustangs were terrible with this. I am having problems with my doors sagging a little, the body is solid, it's just that the hinges are worn, the longer heavier doors make this worse. I have a set of 89 lxi hatch hinges,they should bolt in and might be better designed, has anyone out there found a replacment bushing hinge kit for these cars? or anything like it? if the other hinges are just as bad i'll have to rebush them or something. :sad2:

1ajs
10-01-2005, 11:03 AM
change the pin silly they ware faster cause you only have 2 doors so they get opend more to put stuff in the back seat aswell

lostforawhile
10-01-2005, 11:24 AM
hmmm i wonder if that pin isn't riveted in, i wondered about those lxi hinges i've got because the lxi doors are heavier and the pin would have been redesigned, they wear out because the longer door has more leverage on the hinge. i'll go out and look, you used to be able to get kits to replace the hinge bushing you had to drill it out and press in a sleeve.

lostforawhile
10-01-2005, 11:39 AM
you are correct,the hinge does have a removeable pin,does anyone know if there is a kit made with the pin/bushing for this car,now i've just gt to find one.

Robs89LXi
10-01-2005, 04:07 PM
you are correct,the hinge does have a removeable pin,does anyone know if there is a kit made with the pin/bushing for this car,now i've just gt to find one.

I've got the same problem; let me know if you find any.

1ajs
10-01-2005, 09:05 PM
no its just a pin

lostforawhile
10-02-2005, 03:28 AM
um i'm looking at a hinge in front of me there is a bushing too. it's pressed into the center part of the hinge on both sides. the bushing actualy supports the weight of the door the pin rotates in it.

Robs89LXi
10-08-2005, 12:56 PM
Does anyone know where we can buy door hinge pins and/or bushings?

lostforawhile
10-08-2005, 01:43 PM
thats what i'm trying to find out now, i'm going to try majestic honda