PDA

View Full Version : modz that don't require any aftermarket parts?

86-accord-lxi
10-01-2005, 01:16 PM
I was wondering what modz I could do that don't require aftermarket parts?
I always find myself wanting to do something to improve my car's performance
or looks even when I dont have money to do so.
Im sure I am not the only that is like this.
Is there any modz for the 3g that dont require any aftermarket parts?
Have you guys done anything out of the ordinary?
Any personal modz that you haven't shared with the board?

mkymonkey
10-01-2005, 01:33 PM
uh i cleaned the interior using a water vac, took 8 hours but it looks good now. lol, i know this isnt what youre looking for. but the only thing that comes to mind is simply degreasing the engine, and cleaning the interior.

other than that you can do weight reduction, just remove everything from the inside except the steering wheel and the seat. of course leave the guages too lol

well anyway, this post is just to bump up your thread. lol

A20A1
10-01-2005, 02:09 PM
Yeah clean up the car and engine.

Cheap Performance Upkeep:
Vacuum Lines - Replace all or most of them
Throttle Body Cleaner - Clean Throttle body and intake manifold... I think it requires you to bleed the fuel system which I'm not sure how easy that is.
Gasket Material - Retrace old intake manifold, throttle body, intake manifold plenum gaskets and make new ones or buy new gaskets. You should buy the header/exhaust manifold gasket if you plan on replacing that, don't use intake manifold gasket material for the exhaust.

Other then weight reduction, anything decent is going to require $$$ and old machined parts or new parts if they need to replace old parts.

Cheap Mods:
- You can port your head yourself.
- You can port your manifold yourself.

More costly mods:
- You can get a cam regrind
- You can buy extra stock exhaust valves and have a shop swap the intake valves and the intake valve springs over to the larger exhaust valves, rework the intake seats, ports, and guides to fit the exhaust valve.

snoopyloopy
10-02-2005, 12:35 AM
can put in new air & fuel filter, pcv, etc....