PDA

View Full Version : Go ahead and laugh but If I don't ask I wont know

Jdub07
08-14-2002, 03:14 PM
Would it be a waste of time and energy to install a rear sway bar before I lower the car? Can I put it on and when I am ready to lower it take it off, then lower it and then put it back on? I only ask because if it isn't going to make much of a difference I'll just wait to put it on.

Jims 86LXI HB
08-14-2002, 03:58 PM
It will improve the performance of your car illregardless if it's lowered or not. However you might find that it's easier to install with the rear struts out, while your installing your springs and struts. Just a thought.

Vanilla Sky
08-14-2002, 05:55 PM
i did mine in about 40 minutes, including taking it off of the parts car... i ded rip the rear suspension of the parts car up, but it really don't matter since it was all seized up anyway... i took nothin off ot my car when i put it on, so it's not really hard to take on or put off, but i might require some elbow grease and a bit of swearing

Derick

RobT5580
08-14-2002, 07:26 PM
You can do it anytime i did mine when it was up on ramps which was fine but the suspension tech rear sway bar has a new mounting bolt so i had to take the rear wheels off to do it. well i didnt want to risk scratching my rims but if its a stock LXI sway bar i dont think the timing will make a difference although you will need to pull of the wheels to put the bolt in the arm.....