PDA

View Full Version : Finally got the exhaust on

FyreDaug
10-01-2005, 05:58 PM
So I bought a pacesetter from the sales ads, the guy didnt send me any bolts but the 2 off the downpipe. So I had to buy new bolts, track down gaskets (didnt get any, made my own) and figure everything else out.

Its a pretty ghetto install, but thats ok, the cars a pos anyways, I give it too much credit sometimes.

The setup is this: Pacesetter header->Cherry bomb glass pack. I didnt bother with any piping, used a coathanger around the factory cat rubber hangers (only 1 of them) and it stoped before the factory bend in the exhaust.

We ran it open header just to see what it would sound like and it was unholy loud, we hoped the glasspack would suffice.

Well long story short it doesnt, my sound level is definately illegal, no question about that. The power gain however is strange. Its just all over better, even with the 2.5" I thought Id lose a little low end. Maybe its because my timing cant be advanced anymore than it is, that I have good low end but this header totally made a different in low end power. Its still slow as balls after about 90kmh, but anything up to that speed I could give a decent run for its money.

Mods: Custom intake, 3" piping off my sunfire. Dual ignition coil - plat plugs. This exhaust. I upgraded the wiring and got a red top dry cell battery, but that doesnt really count.

Overall I'm proud of my exhaust mod, as annoyingly loud/illegal as it is, I like it. The sound is awesome when you pound it, but accelerating is way too loud. Cruising at about 2500rpm is damn near stock silent though, move the gas a little and you can tell its loud. :rice:

Ah well, will get pics soon.