PDA

View Full Version : tranny wont line up...

spanky
10-02-2005, 05:32 PM
well today i took out the old clutch and put the new clutch and everything in (still using old pressure plate and throw out bearing they werew brand new a few months ago and show no wear)... so everything was aligned and i lifted the tranny and tryed to guide it in and everytime it was a no go... so i was wondering if when i took the shifter linkage off i put it into gear and it wont go in. would that stop the tranny from going into the clutch...

thanx spanky.

newaccorddriver
10-02-2005, 05:43 PM
im having the exact same problem lining up the transmission with the engine. im going to try and get ahold of a transmission jack. just like every other clutch change, aligning the transmission is probably the hardest part of it all. if my friend wasnt such an ass and actually showed up, it would be in by now. and id be on my way to finishing the swap

MattsAccord
10-02-2005, 09:18 PM
Yep that is the worst part of changing clutches. Good luck it will go in.

Strugglebucket
10-02-2005, 10:36 PM
just keep at it you'll get it. be glad it's not a 4th gen, ugh.

make sure the dowels are lined up. sometimes the ground cable for the starter can be in the way and you won't realize it. oh, and put some grease on the shaft splines to help it get in the pressure plate.

so i was wondering if when i took the shifter linkage off i put it into gear and it wont go in. would that stop the tranny from going into the clutch...
no.

spanky
10-03-2005, 03:18 AM
yea, it is the hardest part. i can tell you now if the clutch ever goes again im gonna have a mechanic do it so i dont have to bust my nuts trying to put it in.

SteveDX89
10-03-2005, 08:38 AM
yea, it is the hardest part. i can tell you now if the clutch ever goes again im gonna have a mechanic do it so i dont have to bust my nuts trying to put it in.

I'd rather save the $200 - $300 in labor.

Vinny
10-03-2005, 09:46 AM

I'd rather save the $200 - $300 in labor.

not like 3 hours to do it all is alot of time, atleast that what it takes me :D

If by not lining up you mean you cant get the splines lined up?
Did you use a clutch alignment tool when you put everything together?
Have you tried to turn the input shaft on the transmission then tried to restab it?