PDA

View Full Version : carb to efi conversion

Mantis88LX
08-14-2002, 03:54 PM
were can i read more about how to do this

night
08-14-2002, 06:35 PM
no where really. you just have to dive in.
it takes a good while to do.

you should do less research and more praying and meditating if u are gonna do this...

YK86
08-14-2002, 11:59 PM
Did you already read Carotman's write ups??

killerb09
08-15-2002, 03:34 AM
heres teh steps from what I gatherd...
1. clean your car really well inside and out...
2. go to hardware store get For Sale Sign
3. put in front window adn drive car to a nice open spot
4. sell car to highest offer
5. search out a EFI accord adn buy it
6. thats the easiest way to do it

teh other way is a lot of work adn energy....from what I've been told...I was talking to a friend who is a trade mechanic and when I asked him about doing it all he did was laugh at me....he was driving a dual carbed 85 prelude at the time done to the nuts but no efi swap....

87accordlxi
08-15-2002, 05:40 AM
HOW TO!!!

carotman
08-15-2002, 06:14 AM
It's not hard to do.

I may sound like I know everything but it's really easy to do. It just takes time.

There are 3 ways to get an EFI car.

1- Buy an efi car
2- Buy a parts car and transfer everything
3-Buy the parts at the junkyard.

The 1st method is simple but you don't know the exact condition of the car, if you want an LX-i, you'll pay a nice amount of cash if it's in good condition.

The second method is the best method. Just transfer everything that's different on both cars. That's it that's all.

The 3rd method is also simple if you "already" done an EFI conversion or you know what you do.

You might end up with parts that aren't from the same year, you'll pay more for the parts than for a parts car. You might also forget some parts and be stuck.

NOTHING, nothing needs to be custom fabricated. absolutely nothing.

The only custom thing I had to do is drill a hose for the fuel line in the firewall.

That's why I'm telling you it's easy.

However, do NOT attempt to do that unless you're a crazy guy.