PDA

View Full Version : front brake pad/rotor problem help...

superaccord
05-05-2002, 06:15 PM
I just replaced my rotors to slotted, and got new pads, i put them on and my pad only touches the outside of the rotor about an inch. why wont the pad touch the whole rotor? my braking isnt good either:( . i need this problem fixed. what do i do?
thank you,
matt

superaccord
05-05-2002, 09:10 PM
its too bad nobody wants to help me out:confused: but, i drove my car a little more hoping that maybe my pads hadnt settled. well, it brakes a lot better now, i mean, it stops! but, only half the pad is still touching:confused: come on 3geezers, help me, i dont want to mess up my pads, or rotors, so therefore i cant drive my car until i get them fixed.:burn:

anchovies
05-06-2002, 12:47 AM
did u put the pads back on correctly...
just slide it back in touching the rotors...

i might be your pistons..but u said it stops
if it stops...your pistons should be okie...and the pads should be clamped against your rotors...
something is wrong

sorry no help[

superaccord
05-06-2002, 05:40 AM
thanks for trying any ways.

OldSchoolSwap
05-06-2002, 03:21 PM
Dude I don't understand what your problem is, i've never heard of such a problem.

Are you sure you got the correct pads? Double check the part numbers.
Compare them with your old pads as well to get a better idea if there's any diffrence.

Are the rotors the same size as your old ones?

Can you get pics to get a better idea of what's going on?

I don't recomend you drive it like that if it don't seem right.

superaccord
05-06-2002, 08:44 PM
my rotors are the same, and im not sure on the pads, im gonna have to double check. i might get some pics up in a day or so. thanks mike for replying, i was hoping you would. i havent drove it since. my pads just dont touch the whole rotor. just about an inch on the out side of the rotor. damn. i hope i figure it out.
thanks a bunch guys.
matt