PDA

View Full Version : Q: 87 remote hatch release.

Soundy
10-03-2005, 10:44 PM
I've successfully added power actuators to the doors in my 87 3-door - generic types, as seen in this pic: http://www.a1electric.com/images6/locks/locks02.jpg.

I can get these for about $7.50 and I'd like to add one to my hatch release. I tried attaching it the standard way to the rod connecting the key release to the latch, but it was difficult to get it mounted to anything, and provides just enough resistance to prevent the mechanism from snapping back to its "rest" position, so it doesn't latch again when I close the lid.

Looking for any other ideas on how to connect the thing... ideally at the front tied into the manunal remote release lever so I don't have to run a pair of wires all the way to the back :)

POS carb
10-13-2005, 01:21 PM
i took apart a legend trunk with the popper and it has a funny bracket on it probably to allow for the closing,
I'm mounting it on mine this weekend I'll let you know if it works out

Soundy
10-05-2006, 08:43 AM
Just an update for anyone paying attention, I did finally get this done... had to bend the link rod to a pretty cock-eyed angle to keep it all from seizing up, but it works. Sometimes have to close the hatch twice, it's still a tad stiff. Don't have any pics right now, but I'll snap some next time I open it up to tweak the play.