PDA

View Full Version : Strike three... she's out!

aaron212
10-05-2005, 10:03 PM
Rant / vent warning in story format!

So my car has been out of commission for awhile due to a leaky and rusted-out radiator. I didn't do much about it due to lack of money, personal issues, all that fun stuff. So I finally get some cash and want to get my car back on the road again.

I buy an all-new radiator, upper/lower rad hose and 1 tranny soft line (was fused to the radiator inlet tube). I get it all installed and run the car. Success!

So I decide to take her for a spin. Uh oh, brake pedal to the floor. I do some research on here and see that its most likely the master cylinder. Hmm, not too expensive so I run out and replace that too. All is great.

Take her for a spin and notice the brake pedal is getting mushy real fast. Everything was bled and great but now it's fading fast. I limp back home and check the front/rear brakes. Oh great, the rear wheel cylinders in the drums are shot. Pissing out brake fluid with every press of the brake. So I run out and get new ones. Again, pretty cheap. Bolt those on and head out for yet another test drive.

I'm cruising around the neighborhood nice and slow to test out the new cylinders. I take a right turn and *crack*. Oh joy, the passenger side rear tire is now leaning inside the wheel well. Stupid me didn't bring a flashlight but I'm pretty sure its the infamous Upper Arm/ball joint snap. I'll have to check it in the morning.

So here I am. After every major repair, something else crapped out. I'm scared to fix this new problem since something else will probably happen. And only 109k miles on her too...

:violin:

3rdCoast
10-05-2005, 10:14 PM
the codder(cotter?)pin on my lower arm ball-joint nut came out and the nut slide down and off then the lower arm came apart and my front driverside wheel did the same thing. It pulled the c.v. joint apart the bearings came out. I had just replaced that c.v. joint too so i just took it off the car and back to autozone and told them it broke and got a new one free. I hope its not too bad. Think of it this way if things keep goin like this u will have a new car soon :cool:

frankie89
10-06-2005, 08:05 AM
man what luck, i know it sucks cuz i had some problems with my coupe also. hang in there..

aaron212
10-06-2005, 01:27 PM
Well, after a closer inspection in daylight today it seems that the upper arm is *not* cracked, but the ball joint that connects to the knuckle is mangled.

I'm guessing this isn't something I can replace on my own. Any idea much a shop/honda dealer would charge for something like this?

2drSE-i
10-06-2005, 02:01 PM
shudnt be much, anywhere from 100-200

ill buy it if ull ship it :)

halxi
10-06-2005, 06:32 PM
the codder(cotter?)pin on my lower arm ball-joint nut came out and the nut slide down and off then the lower arm came apart and my front driverside wheel did the same thing. It pulled the c.v. joint apart the bearings came out. I had just replaced that c.v. joint too so i just took it off the car and back to autozone and told them it broke and got a new one free. I hope its not too bad. Think of it this way if things keep goin like this u will have a new car soon :cool:

O crap... now i have motivation to get a new one in mine :Owned2: