PDA

View Full Version : stupid EQ!!

pimp86LX
08-14-2002, 06:32 PM
ok well i read the diagram on my eq and it says its a 2 channel input and a 4 channel output

now...what the hell..!! whats the point in only 2 channels for the input if theres 4 for the out...and is there anyway i can input my 4 channels without blowing something up?

catalin
08-14-2002, 09:18 PM
I doubt that you can, but you should be able to control fading to your four channels from the EQ.

pimp86LX
08-14-2002, 09:20 PM
yeah i can...so...is it still of any use? whats the point in eq'ing only 2 channels

hmm..what if i added another set of 6x9's in the back.....hmmmm

catalin
08-14-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by pimp86LX
yeah i can...so...is it still of any use? whats the point in eq'ing only 2 channels

hmm..what if i added another set of 6x9's in the back.....hmmmm

If you short your front and rear output from your deck you most likely will damage it or set it in protect mode.
EQ used to be a big item in the early 1990's and back then most decks actually came with only two outputs. The EQ were kind of an upgrade to a fader control.

I'm being an ass and assuming you have an older EQ since they aren't really on the market anymore and anyways you'll be EQ'ing all four channels. Since the outputs if for four speakers.

pimp86LX
08-14-2002, 09:29 PM
you mis understood, i will eq my 2 rear channels and have 4 speakers in the rear deck

catalin
08-14-2002, 09:56 PM
Yes that is what I did... :confused:

POS carb
08-16-2002, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by pimp86LX
whats the point in only 2 channels for the input if theres 4 for the out...and is there anyway i can input my 4 channels without blowing something up?

ok umm i'm a bit confused here... if you have 4 speakers in your rear deck, what are they hooked up to? If you are running an amp simply wire them parralel, 2 per channel.

as for the 2in/4out eq, it should have a fader on the eq to control the front-to-rear fading