PDA

View Full Version : Help Mounting Bodykit

a20a
10-06-2005, 10:20 PM
I bought a andysautosport body kit and started to mount it on my 86 lude Si. I got the back bumper and side skirts on. The front bumper is what im fitting on right know. The body kit is fiberglass and i need to mount the bracket that holds on to the screw thats just under the fender. The bracket that im talking about is the one that holds the side on. Anyways how do i mont it to the kit because the body kit is really thin and the screws will go right throw. Any tips would be helpfull.

And the cars for sell in idaho so if your around here im selling it for 1400 and the bodys is down to the metal. Was going to paint but i got a deal on 93 prelude.

Forgar_88
10-07-2005, 08:30 AM
If you know how to do any fiberglassing, you can lay more fiberglass and it will be thicker on the side, then you put the screws in then cover em up with more layers. If you dont know how, then see about taking the bumper to someone that does, this might run you $20-$50 for them to install the plastic guides to hang the sides of the bumper with. I ruined a cheap fiberglass bumper because i didnt measure where to install the hangers. Make sure you do that before drillin holes. Good luck with it, and where in Idaho are ya from? I might have a friend lookin for a 'lude.

a20a
10-07-2005, 02:07 PM
im in pocatello

Forgar_88
10-08-2005, 09:20 AM
lol I have no clue where that is, so you must not be near Post Falls or Couer D Alene

a20a
10-16-2005, 12:23 AM
im close to idaho falls