PDA

View Full Version : Lots of questions.....

speed127
10-07-2005, 05:00 AM
Hey everyone.. kinda new hear and new to the hole import scene.. I've previously have 3 different american cars so now that I have a honda i'm kinda stuck. Anyway I have a 89 accord LXi with 64,000 miles in mint cond. and want to turbo charge it. I guess the problem is I can't seem to find parts for its particular engine. (and A sieres I think) All I have bin able to find are for b and d engines and a few h?... any help in this department would be GREAT and after seeing what a few of you have done I'm SURE this is the right place to go... Thanx :dunno:

snoopyloopy
10-07-2005, 09:38 AM
Turbo/Supercharger Projects - Read Here First! (http://3geez.com/showthread.php?t=46593)

gfrg88
10-07-2005, 09:47 AM
COMPLETE PERFORMACE FAQ'S (http://3geez.com/showthread.php?t=14843)

hot-87-hatch
10-10-2005, 11:10 PM
First you have to know that any engine can be turbocharged. The critical parts are your choice in turbos and enigne management. You may think you can buy any turbo and and just put it together and it will work. your best bet is t3/to4 hybrid garrett turbo. Lokk it up at the turbonetics homepage. YOu'll want to be intercooled. Figuring out the rest is just like figuring out any turbo motor. The biggest problem you will face is engine management. THere are many options like AEM standalone, which is expensive. Or you can look into an ecu swap and run Turboedit or another DIY tuner program. The good news is 3g's have an Iron block. Should withstand 10psi no problem.

The best advice I can give as a novice is to read as much as you can about turbocharging an do your research. The answers are out there.

Another problem you're gonna run into is ther is NO aftermarket support for our motors so youre on your own as far as finding an exhaust manifold.

If you want an easy answer as to how to turbocharge an A20a and I'm telling you there's no easy answer. But there is a lot of help available within this website you just have to READ.

If you want an easy project then go buy an Integra.

Forgive me I am also a little drunk.............. Actually very drubk.

I have aspirations for turbochargin my A20a and the only thing that inspires me is blowing away some wannabe tuner in some peice of crap EF or even a 5.0 It is possible!

bobafett
10-11-2005, 09:54 AM
aaron wier of weirRacing on hmt will make you a manifold, and he warrantees his work for life.

on a stock a20, i would probably use a super60 turbo... you have low enough milage, that a rebuild might not be necessary, so just focus on how much $ u want to spend, u could probably do it for $2-3k, or for $8k, all up to how much you insist on "doing it right"

89ACCORDVTECH
10-12-2005, 03:54 PM
Hey everyone.. kinda new hear and new to the hole import scene.. I've previously have 3 different american cars so now that I have a honda i'm kinda stuck. Anyway I have a 89 accord LXi with 64,000 miles in mint cond. and want to turbo charge it. I guess the problem is I can't seem to find parts for its particular engine. (and A sieres I think) All I have bin able to find are for b and d engines and a few h?... any help in this department would be GREAT and after seeing what a few of you have done I'm SURE this is the right place to go... Thanx :dunno:
try www.thepartsbin.com they have turbo manifolds fuel injectors etc. check it out