PDA

View Full Version : help help help

lostforawhile
10-07-2005, 06:47 PM
I'm asking a big favor on here,does someone please have a combo switch from a hatch lying around? it has to be from a hatch with cruise i believe, but it does have to be a hatch, the combo switch wiring is different from the sedan. i will have to pay you in a couple of weeks after my light bill gets paid, mine was getting bad,but now it's crapping out completly, i need to have my lights working, my wife gets sick a lot and i frequently have to make night time trips to hospitals. also it's dark when i drive to work in the morning. the switch i have in there now is from an 89 lxi, but i believe an lx hatch switch will work. the hatch has the rear wiper washer switch. HELP!!!

lostforawhile
10-07-2005, 07:46 PM
al right now it's gone completly, i'll have to rig something

3G Jester
10-07-2005, 08:51 PM
no pick and pulls where you are?

lostforawhile
10-08-2005, 05:46 AM
no hatches around here period, i've been looking for parts for years,the hatch combo switch is different then the sedan. I can find sedans all day

Robs89LXi
10-08-2005, 08:40 AM
Earliest I'll be going to the junkyard is Wednesday, but if you haven't gotten something by then, I'll see if I can find you one. Remind me on Tuesday if you haven't gotten one by then.

Forgar_88
10-08-2005, 08:55 AM
Hey lostforawhile, where ya at? I can take one out of my hatch cause I aint drivin her...where is it located at in the car anyway?

lostforawhile
10-08-2005, 08:57 AM
thanks man!!! i know i wont find one around here thats for sure. i have every junkyard looking for a hatch for me and none of them has ever got me one. i found one in the last of five years and thats the switch i'm using now. this part of the country they are very rare.

Forgar_88
10-08-2005, 08:58 AM
I need to know where in the car they are located, and where you are so I can look up a price to ship

lostforawhile
10-08-2005, 09:04 AM
Hey lostforawhile, where ya at? I can take one out of my hatch cause I aint drivin her...where is it located at in the car anyway?thats the part with all the switches behind the steering wheel,you just pull off the wheel and it comes off with a couple of screws and stuff,after unplugging all the connectors. all the switches including the turnsignal and washer wiper switches,etc are all in one big unit. it pulls off from behind the wheel. I'm in moultrie Ga, are you just getting rid of your car or something,i don't want you to ruin your car or anything. this one will work some now but it randomly goes out. the mechanism between the high and low beam is broke, as is a common problem on our cars. in other words it floats between high and low beam and the lights just go out while you are driving. i tried to fix one before and it's one of those parts that just can't be fixed,and i can fix nearly anything.

Forgar_88
10-08-2005, 09:08 AM
On damn I thought it was just one of the computer boxes under the dash or something. Sorry dude, If you lived around here i would do it, but to take my car apart that much and then ship parts to GA from washington state, too much hassle. Wish i coulda helped

lostforawhile
10-08-2005, 01:40 PM
well you tried i appreciate it,i'm sure someone on here has got one somewhere,maby someone parting out a hatch :)

Robs89LXi
10-09-2005, 05:42 AM
Will this work?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/89-HONDA-ACCORD-2DR-COMBINATION-SWITCH_W0QQitemZ8005104442QQcategoryZ50459QQssPage NameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

lostforawhile
10-09-2005, 08:51 AM
it might that is a sedan and doesn't have the rear wiper arm,but it says at the bottom that that is only for reference,i need to email him and see if he has one for a hatch,thanks!!!!