PDA

View Full Version : I think I have prolbems

Acclxi89
08-14-2002, 07:11 PM
Ok my honda has been acting kinda funny latley, and I was wondering what you guys think it might be.

First, my idol at stop in D4. When I idle at a stop light, my rpm's drop under 1 and almost stall out, and it makes a ticking sound when in the low rpm's and the car shakes alot.

Second, sometimes when going around a corner, ill slow down then step on the gas again and the rpm's will jump for a second then drop down again. Im not slamming on the petal or anything, just speeding up again.

Third, my car shakes even worse when im stopped at a light when the a/c is on. My ears start to itch it rattles so bad. I was thinking it might be that the mountings on the a/c are loose and its wiggling the car around.

I want to try and fix the prolbems myself, but I know pratically nothing about cars, and im alittle intiminated about messing around with my car because I dont want to break it. O yeah my steering shakes when im stopping too because the rotors are probably warped, and im wondering what the would be the cost of some quality rotors, and where to get some higher quality rotors for 89 accords.

I dont know if I should just bring it to a mechanic, just try to help me as best as possible please.

Thanks

89accordlxi
08-14-2002, 07:48 PM
When the last time you did a tune up?
Spark plugs
dist. cap
rotor
plug wires
fuel filter
air filter
etc.

I think there is a common problem among automatic 3 geez with the tranny. I think it is called "fluttering" where the tranny slips when shifting between gears around corners and stuff. Mine does the same thing. I've read somewhere that it is like a $1200 fix so maybe getting a new tranny would be more economical or just live with it like I have been..

Don't know if this really helped much, but definitely get a tune up if you haven't already..

Peace..

hondaisthebest
08-14-2002, 08:29 PM
Yeah i have the same problem with my automatic tranny and i live with this problem for about 200 000 miles so dont be worry. But i found that when you put in d3 when you are in city it does not slip like in d4!!!
Try it!!