PDA

View Full Version : window problem Please help

jigga89SEi
10-09-2005, 07:33 AM
Well as most of you know... The accord was wrecked a couple months ago... I've repaired the body damage and started driving it again... Here's where the problem comes in... I put on my new steering wheel, and indiglo gauges, I don't believe I messed up any wiring... But now my windows do not role down... I checked the fuses and the main relay... The Main relay under the hood is a 965 and the ones I tried replacing it with did not have the same number,.. But That didn't work... I don't understand how wiring woulda got messed up... Is the power window wire bundled with the steering collum wires? I don't know how to read schematics so any and all help would be great...
AND PLEASE I NEED TO PASS INSPECTION AND CANT WITHOUT THE WINDOWS WORKIN.. .PLEASE HELP

Thanx
Jade BKA JiGaBu

jigga89SEi
10-10-2005, 03:21 AM
Anyone got any input on this?... I really need to get these windows movin.. N I can't figure out what it is yet... I really don't wanna have to tear apart the whole inside to figure it out but it's startin to look like my only option....

HELP!!!

kcaudill
10-10-2005, 04:39 AM
Is it all windows or just one? If it all, it sounds like the main power feed to the driver side power window control is missing. Use a haynes or chiltons manual to trace the schmatic through your call. It really not that hard, its just like reading a road map, just go from point to point looking for main power.

myaccord7
10-10-2005, 05:55 AM
i have the same problem. all four of my windows dont work anymore. i check my fuses, and check to see if any of the wires are broken( in the drivers door) everything was ok.

zach

jigga89SEi
10-10-2005, 02:42 PM
yea its both windows... It seems like there is no power gettin to them at all... I'm gonna pull it apart this weekend(although I really don't wanna) and check all the wiring.. I was just hopin this was a common problem and someone would know whats up... I know I can figure it out... I just have limited time and this isn't gonna help...

get_deez_nuts69
10-10-2005, 02:47 PM
i have the same problem, i have an 89 lxi 2 door and my windows only roll down if i take out the relay fuse and take a peice of wire and put one end in the 1st slot and the other end in the slot next to it..... i have no idea how to fix it but thats probably cheaper than gettin it fixed... good luck

POS carb
10-11-2005, 09:07 AM
under the hood theres a # 17 fuse 15 amps (check this one), and 4 individual fuses 15 amps #15,16,18,25, but I doub't they all blew at once

if the switch harness in the driver's door isn't hooked up right (loose connection) they won't work, also make sure you plug in the black wire and that the window lock switch isn't thrown.

at the door check the white/yellow stripe wire for power with the key in. This wire is also found under the fuse box, there's an orange wiring harness that's clipped to the bottom of the fuse panel. Also, **if this harness isn't connected, they won't work**