PDA

View Full Version : Tranny Prob PLEASE help!!!!!!!!

NastyNate
10-10-2005, 05:32 PM
ok i just put in a new tranny in my 89 accord LXi thinking that was the problem! now its still doing the same thing.

i can start it fine and drive down the road and it seems not to shift right but then after a few min all the gears stop working the car stays running and will not go no where. i cut the car off for a min or 2 and then all the gears will work agian and this keeps repeating its self till i get to were i'm going!

i thought that maybe it was the ECU but the check engine light is not on! and also the ECU clock fuse was poped under the hood, i replaced it and the problem still happens. anyone know what mite be wrong?

please help me i have invested too much money in this car to let it die!

shepherd79
10-11-2005, 11:53 AM
well, since it is AT, it is hard to tell what is the problem.
have you thought about taking the car to AAMCO.

l3aLLa
11-09-2005, 06:34 PM
Could possibly be a computer issue, get it scanned make sure everything is looking right. If not then I suggest going where you bought your new tranny and having them look at it and make sure the issue is not at there end.

86-accord-lxi
11-10-2005, 09:08 PM
The f4 automatic transmissions in fuel injected 86-89 accords and 85-87 preludes does not have any computer controlled parts, The shifts are converter controlled. coverter clutch engagement is available from second gear up. The throttle valve cable controls two different T.V systems regulating shift speeds and firmness. First speed does not have engine braking. If the engine runs but car does not move in any gear, it's either
a broken shift cable, or out of adjustment shift cable, or the oil pump is worn
or seized, or the pressure regulator is stuck, or the oil screen is clogged.
Hope this helps.

shepherd79
11-16-2005, 02:19 PM
engine oil pump doesn't run tranny oil.