PDA

View Full Version : turning, accelerating => noise

jeisch
08-14-2002, 09:47 PM
Hi all,

I've asked this a long while back, but forgot what the answers were, here's the question:

I have an '89 Accord LXi, and when I turn at an intersection (highway curves not effected) while accelerating, there is a clump-clump noise coming from the front end somewhere. I don't have to be going fast, but I need to be accelerating, as soon as I take my foot off the gas, the noise stops.

ideas? Anything I should be looking for? Also, it seems like I'm a little out of alignment, as I get vibrations around 70mhp. (related?)

thanks in advance,
-Jonathan

Longevity
08-14-2002, 10:00 PM
I have a hunch that it might be the CV joint.

ACCORD EX
08-15-2002, 03:29 PM
clicking when turning = C.V joints shot
highway vibration = wheel balance ! ( or other resons )

MIKE

HostileJava
08-16-2002, 12:42 PM
I'd bet it's the cv joints, you can drive with them like that for a little while but then it goes you won't be able to move the car from where it is, it will have to be towed.

GDGuy11B
08-16-2002, 07:53 PM
you can sheck the cv yourself...just turn the wheels all the way to the right or left, and look at your boot..if it's torn and there's a huge mess of grease everywhere, you know its your CV, or just take it to a service center and have them check it out. and an alignment check would hurt either.

ACCORD EX
08-17-2002, 12:28 PM
the boot doesn't need to be torn to decide that your C.V. are shot ! yes it's a sign ! but it can be shot even if the boots are not torn ! just get ubder the car and grap the axle by hand a look for play !

MIKE

jeisch
10-15-2002, 09:06 AM
a sway bar link was missing on the passenger side. put that in, no problems now.

ACCORD EX
10-15-2002, 01:39 PM
and no more clicking sound ! ??? :werd:

MIKE

jeisch
10-15-2002, 01:41 PM
I was just going through and posting follow ups, but now that I read that again, /this/ problem was fixed with a new driver side front axle.

-Jonathan

ACCORD EX
10-16-2002, 12:21 AM
it's ok man ! glad to hear everything is fine now! go enjoy your ride ! :D

MIKE