PDA

View Full Version : Flame On!

Busted_Blue
10-11-2005, 11:01 AM
It was time, so I moved onto a new car..

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/IMG_7225Small.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/DSC00023Small.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/DSC00018Small.jpg

Sohc VTEC! :bowrofl:

Goodbye busted_blue, hello milano red.

I can already see everyone flaming me right this instant. :lol:

88accordalltheway
10-11-2005, 11:05 AM
i already preflammed him last night guys, so dont go too hard on him, hes still sore...

Vanilla Sky
10-11-2005, 11:11 AM
how much did you get for the 3gee?

Forgar_88
10-11-2005, 11:21 AM
ahhhh no way....... at least get another project 3gee (wait, arent all our 3geez projects?)

Busted_Blue
10-11-2005, 11:39 AM
the 3gee is still at my house. Nothing has been done to it yet.

b8er
10-11-2005, 11:42 AM
what are your plans for the 3gee? keepin it, selling it? gonna let it sit and look at it?

Busted_Blue
10-11-2005, 11:49 AM
what are your plans for the 3gee? keepin it, selling it? gonna let it sit and look at it?

It will be sold. I will part out the parts on the car that were not originally on it. Keep in check for that thread in the marketplace when I get boxes for everything and have everything ready to ship. It will be posted soon hopefully.

Anyway, anyone buy a stock accord?

bboipinoy112
10-11-2005, 12:33 PM
LOL! .. A 2DR CIVIC ! HAHAHAHA... its all good D' .. i got a 4dr . lol ;P ... now we can go to rice meets.... SWWWEEEEEET ... mine is a major project that is not going to be released untill next winter

Cheeseburger
10-11-2005, 12:49 PM
Congrats on the new car busted
The car looks really well maintaind, what are the specs on the car? Auto Mannuel? How many miles and how much?

So what should we now call u Busted Red?lol...

got any inside pics

got a price on mind for the 3g?

Busted_Blue
10-11-2005, 01:43 PM
Congrats on the new car busted
The car looks really well maintaind, what are the specs on the car? Auto Mannuel? How many miles and how much?

So what should we now call u Busted Red?lol...

got any inside pics

got a price on mind for the 3g?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/Civic/IMG_7276Small.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/Civic/DSC00016Small.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/Civic/DSC00010Small.jpg

There you happy cheeseburger?

1993 Civic EX, 88,xxx miles One owner.

88Accord-DX
10-11-2005, 02:17 PM
Not bad, what you pay for it (if I didn't see it)? Anyway, them 2006 Civics look pretty sweet.

http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/images/honda_civic_2006_5.jpg

Busted_Blue
10-11-2005, 02:20 PM
Not bad, what you pay for it (if I didn't see it)? Anyway, them 2006 Civics look pretty sweet.

I paid enough.

SteveDX89
10-11-2005, 02:27 PM
Looks good. Congrats. No flaming necessary.

TheWatcher
10-11-2005, 02:43 PM
At least it's still a Honda. :)

Good luck on your new project. I'm sure you're excited about customizing it.

And the 4g Civic is the best looking Civic IMO.

Peace.

Busted_Blue
10-11-2005, 02:47 PM
At least it's still a Honda. :)

Good luck on your new project. I'm sure you're excited about customizing it.

And the 4g Civic is the best looking Civic IMO.

Peace.

then i hate you because I have a 5g. =P

bobafett
10-11-2005, 02:51 PM
www.homemadeturbo.com/forum

no excuses, you moved on to a newer platform so that you would have more aftermarket right? then get to work. no "i removed it for smog" bs... come on man, you stepped up to the plate, dont let us down.

ps your 3g was nice. i hope some tool kid doesnt wreck it, like pearldrops accord. :(

Busted_Blue
10-11-2005, 05:45 PM
www.homemadeturbo.com/forum

no excuses, you moved on to a newer platform so that you would have more aftermarket right? then get to work. no "i removed it for smog" bs... come on man, you stepped up to the plate, dont let us down.

ps your 3g was nice. i hope some tool kid doesnt wreck it, like pearldrops accord. :(

That's funny boba. Don't worry. There are definitely things I will do. For the time being, suspension first. I have about $2000 ready just for suspension alone. Don't worry..it maybe slow in terms of progress but it will get to the point where I love it.

As far as the HKS intake, it was removed to smog as visually it will not pass. I didn't remove it for good, shit you know me better than that!

As far as turbo, no. I won't do that. SOHC TURBO is not my thing. I'll go to the DOHC side soon enough.. :)

2drSE-i
10-11-2005, 07:06 PM
civic loving son of a bitch

;)

Hash_man_Se_i
10-11-2005, 07:23 PM
Good luck on the new cars, sucks that you wont be doing more to your accord... Can I buy your window visors??? PLEASE!!!!!!!!

TheWatcher
10-11-2005, 10:45 PM
then i hate you because I have a 5g. =P
:lol:

I thought it was a 88-91 Civic, which I thought was a 4g Civic. If 88-91 Civics are 5g, then it's my mistake. I used to own an 87 Civic (which I bought new), and I was kicking myself when I saw the 88 Civic (so pretty).

Peace.

Busted_Blue
10-12-2005, 08:09 PM
oh, ic..you weren't talking about my year. hahha.

Well, I like those too but it is too old of a car for me to upgrade to. :)

86AccordLxi
10-13-2005, 12:22 AM
Looks nice. Congrats!

Alex

Vanilla Sky
10-13-2005, 12:35 AM
i'm just glas you got one in good condition. around here, they are all beat to piss, and still cost $4000 for.

SteveDX89
10-13-2005, 02:42 AM
:lol:

I thought it was a 88-91 Civic, which I thought was a 4g Civic. If 88-91 Civics are 5g, then it's my mistake. I used to own an 87 Civic (which I bought new), and I was kicking myself when I saw the 88 Civic (so pretty).

Peace.

84-87 = 3rd gen
88-91 = 4th gen
92-95 = 5th gen
96-00 = 6th gen
01-05 = 7th gen

Busted_Blue
10-13-2005, 02:59 AM
84-87 = 3rd gen
88-91 = 4th gen
92-95 = 5th gen
96-00 = 6th gen
01-05 = 7th gen

06+ 8th gen..hopefully this one will be better than the 7th gen ricer nation....

SiR
10-13-2005, 05:21 AM
I'll flame, why???

bobafett
10-13-2005, 05:26 AM
That's funny boba. Don't worry. There are definitely things I will do. For the time being, suspension first. I have about $2000 ready just for suspension alone. Don't worry..it maybe slow in terms of progress but it will get to the point where I love it.

As far as the HKS intake, it was removed to smog as visually it will not pass. I didn't remove it for good, shit you know me better than that!

As far as turbo, no. I won't do that. SOHC TURBO is not my thing. I'll go to the DOHC side soon enough.. :)

k good. i have love for slow cars with 2k+ into suspension too! in fact im easy to please when it comes to civics, as long as they are dumped (properly), dont have body kits, and arent riced out.

the dirty d is getting quite a following, but if you ever get the need to have some power, at least YOU will have the options!

plus its super clean... :sadwave:

88accordhb
10-13-2005, 06:18 AM
its fugly.

Busted_Blue
10-13-2005, 03:27 PM
k good. i have love for slow cars with 2k+ into suspension too! in fact im easy to please when it comes to civics, as long as they are dumped (properly), dont have body kits, and arent riced out.

the dirty d is getting quite a following, but if you ever get the need to have some power, at least YOU will have the options!

plus its super clean... :sadwave:

Then I'm pretty sure you will be pleased with this civic. I'm about to spend a grand this weekend. :lol:

What is funny is how I remember alot of people were bashing the civics in general talk threads but I'm curious where they went? I was ready to hear it from ya guys. Instead I'm bombarded with PMs and IMs from so many members it's funny. They want parts off the busted... =0

88accordalltheway
10-13-2005, 04:19 PM
What is funny is how I remember alot of people were bashing the civics in general talk threads but I'm curious where they went? I was ready to hear it from ya guys.... =0
:wave:

Its probably because everyone knows you, you wont ruin a car. In most cases you bring the best out of them. I mean, shit, look at the accord. Just say youll get another 3rd gen when youre rich like i want to do when i get out of college.

Busted_Blue
10-13-2005, 06:51 PM
:wave:

Its probably because everyone knows you, you wont ruin a car. In most cases you bring the best out of them. I mean, shit, look at the accord. Just say youll get another 3rd gen when youre rich like i want to do when i get out of college.

if i was rich, i would have an accord with a GSR motor just like I Dreamed long ago before placeracing went out of business.

Til then, i'll stick to my dream of owning the NSX i've always long for. Maybe another accord..maybe.

Pro_Mod_Accord
10-13-2005, 07:03 PM
At least it's another Honda....Love that generation,,,they look killer with the projector lights and the right tails...Car is clean...but Civics are not my cup-O-tea....my budy has one just like it slammed down and completley done out...looks sharp...but not as sharp as my 3 G...
nice find!

Strugglebucket
10-13-2005, 09:05 PM
so now you can buy better parts for a worse suspension design?:tongue:

Busted_Blue
10-13-2005, 10:35 PM
so now you can buy better parts for a worse suspension design?:tongue:

it's still double wishbone..wtf?

3rdgenhatchDX
10-14-2005, 12:06 PM
Love the car man, my g/f has a sedan 95 thats blue w/american racing sniper rims, that were on it when she bought it... all and all your car would be my choice of the two since she's only got the D16C1 and 2 extra doors.

Anyway YOUR NEW CAR ROX!
Enjoy it :cool:

Strugglebucket
10-14-2005, 01:39 PM
it's still double wishbone..wtf?
i thought it had macphersons in the front.

i'm just trying to give you a hard time, it seemed like you were disappointed people weren't flaming you...

HondaBoy
10-14-2005, 03:19 PM
liked those civics some what. not a bad body style. my friend has one, its suck a pos. i thought my car was slow, uh, nah. not compared to his civic. its like a 95 or 96. anyway, its got the 5 speed, 115hp engine i believe. i'll have to ask. dont remember which 1.5 it is, seems like it does have a Vtec head though. reguardless, its slower that my 3gee weighed down with a couple of passengers and my sub box. a few weeks ago he blew the engine, i'm guessing he didnt add oil. it would dry start every time you started it. well it did throw a rod so i think i'm guessing right. it was a bad buy from the start anyway. it was once turboed, raced, and then sold with stock parts. it'd idle at 2000 rpm even with the idle screw adjusted. probley O2 sensor. says he's getting a B16, not sure which one, installed. but its probley just all talk, i'll have to see. i'd be afraid if he has a car with more power, he's a terrible driver.

SiR
10-14-2005, 05:30 PM
Interior is far cheaper looking. Isnt a Civic a downgrade to an Accord.

BITESIZE
10-14-2005, 05:53 PM
You suck poopy! 3g > civic

Busted_Blue
10-14-2005, 09:29 PM
yay for more flames =)

Civic is a downgrade from an accord..but since this car shares a chassis that is used for the integra, it means it is a GREAT car to create a great machine. I just took out the s.t sway bars out of my accord and I drove it around..OMG it was a POS. The sway bars made the car a completely different handling car.

Yea it definitely feels cheaper.. but then again almost ALL newer hondas feel cheaper nowadays. Don't worry there will be a few items in my interior that aren't cheap... =X

SteveDX89
10-15-2005, 05:15 AM
i thought it had macphersons in the front.

Macpherson front didn't start until 2001 with the introduction of the 7th gen.

Love the car man, my g/f has a sedan 95 thats blue w/american racing sniper rims, that were on it when she bought it... all and all your car would be my choice of the two since she's only got the D16C1 and 2 extra doors.

Never heard of a D16C1. D16A1, maybe? :dunno:

Civic is a downgrade from an accord..

I wouldn't say it's a downgrade. Civics are well built solid cars. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if I had the money, I would probably buy a 92-95 hatch.

but since this car shares a chassis that is used for the integra, it means it is a GREAT car to create a great machine.

Werd. Anything suspension/chassis parts will interchange. That rocks ass. Put some ITR brakes and such on her. 5 lug = yum.

SiR
10-15-2005, 07:45 AM
I just took out the s.t sway bars out of my accord and I drove it around..OMG it was a POS. The sway bars made the car a completely different handling car.

Im glad you like the flaming!
I can vouch for the ST. I have ST springs and ST bars, never go back, and the ride is better then stock. (thank god for great roads down here though).

Busted_Blue
10-15-2005, 08:14 AM
Macpherson front didn't start until 2001 with the introduction of the 7th gen.

Never heard of a D16C1. D16A1, maybe? :dunno:

I wouldn't say it's a downgrade. Civics are well built solid cars. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if I had the money, I would probably buy a 92-95 hatch.

Werd. Anything suspension/chassis parts will interchange. That rocks ass. Put some ITR brakes and such on her. 5 lug = yum.

everyone and their mom has the hatch. I love the hatch but..the little luxuries of this ex make it a whole lot better as a starting base.

-power windows
-power locks
-sunroof
-power steering
-vtec motor :P

beyond that, i would take the hatch Si anyday but it is like the type r, a wanted item which makes it hard to find a clean title car.

as for 5lug...no thats too flashy and too much unsprung weight. GSR brakes will be sufficient enough...or type R 4x114.3 =)

mkymonkey
10-15-2005, 09:04 AM
so who's buying your 3g cuz, cheeseburger called me yesterday saying he was going to buy it and now he got me all into going to pick it up in SF. damn man thats like 500 mi away. lol

Busted_Blue
10-15-2005, 02:55 PM
so who's buying your 3g cuz, cheeseburger called me yesterday saying he was going to buy it and now he got me all into going to pick it up in SF. damn man thats like 500 mi away. lol

i've been talking to cheeseburger about it. I hope he is serious because I would sure love it to go to another 3geez member. :D

Hash_man_Se_i
10-15-2005, 03:05 PM
How much do you want for your 3g?....

SteveDX89
10-15-2005, 04:15 PM
as for 5lug...no thats too flashy and too much unsprung weight. GSR brakes will be sufficient enough...or type R 4x114.3 =)

Type R's are 5 lug.

Busted_Blue
10-15-2005, 05:48 PM
Type R's are 5 lug.

not the 96 spec. 97+ Type R is 5lug.

Cmon steve! you think I'm that stupid =X

MIK3
10-16-2005, 03:52 AM
Man, I leave the board for a while because of school, and I come to this? Bah Busted. I sure hope you are able to do something magical with that civic. Maybe it'll become as worthy as the good ol' busted_blue 3g was. One can only hope.

(There's some 1/2 ass flamin' for ya.)

frantik
10-16-2005, 06:06 PM
word.. wtf BB gets his Accord of the Month and a few months later he's parting her out for a bright red micro machine.. BOOOO!!!!
:rofl:

sporkHSP
10-17-2005, 08:29 AM
swap the gsr wheels over, oem Honda/Acura > those aftermarket POS's...
I hated buying a civic too, but you do get hooked on the platform, it really is alot better than the 3geez (sorry guys). I'm in the market to buy a new EF or maybe an EG to swap my b16a into since I hydroplaned my crx into a wall.
Keep it clean man, and keep postin pics, I want to see your modding.

phrenology
10-17-2005, 10:07 AM
Oh dear Dereck...that car looks too familair to me, ahahaha. I had a "Busted" Blue 93' 4dr Civic LX for awhile but without the vtec or the 5 speed it was like driving a slug on valium. Nice EX and the 2 door is sharp. But I'd still rather have a 5th Gen Accord with an H22, Lol.

Sure I'm a dumbass I sold the Civic so I could rebuild the Accord hatcback, and now that isn't ready and it will never be smog legal. Next time I should stick with a functioning vehicle instead of the nostalgia, aye?

I could be tooling around SF's nasty traffic in my fuel sipping Civic rather than sitting on the MUNI...either way you toss it getting about the city sucks.

Even if it was a slug, it was still a nice little car. I think our stock 3Gees (even the carbed auto) put that Civic LX to shame in the speed department. That extra 1/2 litre really makes a difference in the torque!

I dunno that stock D15 (non vtec) SOHC should be hung in the horse power hall of shame, but at least it got decent milage! :lol:

Busted_Blue
10-17-2005, 03:34 PM
word.. wtf BB gets his Accord of the Month and a few months later he's parting her out for a bright red micro machine.. BOOOO!!!!
:rofl:

Because my ultimate goal was to just be AOTM. now that has been accomplish, no point in owning the car anymore . BAHHAHHAHH

well, no its just been time for me to get something I can play around with some more. The accord just wasn't doing it anymore.

And those rims are not POS. They are old school JDM rims that 11.5lbs each for a 15inch rim. Thank you. =P

sporkHSP
10-17-2005, 05:02 PM
they are only partially in like one pic. plus I'm biased for the fat5's, so there.

Busted_Blue
10-17-2005, 07:03 PM
they are only partially in like one pic. plus I'm biased for the fat5's, so there.

here ya go, the infamous Chopshop before everything goes in.. Course it won't be that low...ridiculous.. lol

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/EJ1DropSmall.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/EJ1GunmetalDropSmall.jpg

I think I wanna paint those wheels. ;)

SiR
10-18-2005, 09:07 AM
Wow, people are still flaming you. My turn again; chicks dig Accords, not civics...

Busted_Blue
10-18-2005, 02:47 PM
Wow, people are still flaming you. My turn again; chicks dig Accords, not civics...

Thats funny, i never got chicks with my accord. =P

Hash_man_Se_i
10-18-2005, 04:11 PM
Those chops look good... dump it!!!

Busted_Blue
10-18-2005, 06:27 PM
Those chops look good... dump it!!!

in the works. already bought the suspension..just waiting on install day. :D

SataniC
10-19-2005, 09:34 PM
dats sweet BB....congrats on the new coupe...i had always wanted a coupe whether its an EG or an EK....im not feeling them 4 doors....cos most of the time my mates would squeeze a ride with my car instead of their cars...dammit

Busted_Blue
10-20-2005, 10:51 AM
dats sweet BB....congrats on the new coupe...i had always wanted a coupe whether its an EG or an EK....im not feeling them 4 doors....cos most of the time my mates would squeeze a ride with my car instead of their cars...dammit

I actually wanted a EG Ferio. I love every model in this 5th generation Civic (Hatch, coupe, 4door) except the del sol...lol

mr eff
10-21-2005, 07:28 PM
aww, busted. sorry to hear about this decision. i hope everything works out well with your silly red car!

time to do some shoots, eh? =D

Busted_Blue
10-22-2005, 09:06 AM
aww, busted. sorry to hear about this decision. i hope everything works out well with your silly red car!
time to do some shoots, eh? =D

give me a call whenever you are free, I got a few parts you might be interested in. ie. sway bars. I'll get you a good deal :)

88Accord-DX
10-22-2005, 09:28 AM
What is the conclution here. Red Civics pick up chics or what?

phrenology
10-22-2005, 09:51 AM
What is the conclution here. Red Civics pick up chics or what?
Nay...
You know what chicks with New Wave hairdos really want is my pimp 84' Accord Hatchback w/ louvers...(now on cinder blocks) hmmm...where did I put my Duran Duran cassette tape? :lol:

88Accord-DX
10-22-2005, 09:58 AM
I hear that phrenology, Retro 80's.. Culture Club, Duran Duran, Depheche Mode, Wang Chung. Right on! Feel ya now. Got to love them louvers, shit- paint some miniblinds. crazy

Busted_Blue
10-23-2005, 11:24 AM
I hear that phrenology, Retro 80's.. Culture Club, Duran Duran, Depheche Mode, Wang Chung. Right on! Feel ya now. Got to love them louvers, shit- paint some miniblinds. crazy

bahhaah no honda picks up chics. BMWs do. :)

Legend_master
10-23-2005, 06:30 PM
bahhaah no honda picks up chics. BMWs do. :)

BUSTED NOOOOO........, I saw all the signs coilover kit problem, no more picture threads, and now this :sadwave: . I hope the civic suits what you are looking for, and you dont foget about us 3geerz here. I know you will miss the apeal of the 3gee when you driving down the road in your civic and you see the twin of your car driving right next to you. You will stop and think "man this never happend in the Accord" :lol: . Seriosly though good luck with the ride and keep us up to date.

Busted_Blue
10-23-2005, 09:01 PM
BUSTED NOOOOO........, I saw all the signs coilover kit problem, no more picture threads, and now this :sadwave: . I hope the civic suits what you are looking for, and you dont foget about us 3geerz here. I know you will miss the apeal of the 3gee when you driving down the road in your civic and you see the twin of your car driving right next to you. You will stop and think "man this never happend in the Accord" :lol: . Seriosly though good luck with the ride and keep us up to date.

i actually wanted a twin that i knew to roll around with but..i dont have that even as I drive. I havent seen many clean red civic coupes around here (at least not to my knowledge since i didnt look for them), besides they wont look the same as my rims are pretty unique (again to my knowledge).

lack of pictures and coilovers were just events and weerent signs for anything. i was busy with work and school so i didn't have time to photoshoot all the time and the car was definitly boring to shoot if it didnt have things different on it. =P

i've already spent $1600 on the car on top of what i paid. Yea...i was saving up since the accord didn't need the money thrown at it. lol.

i wont forget this site, i bet i'll probably browse and keep an eye on my baby's new owner. ahhahah

baby D
10-24-2005, 05:14 PM
It was time, so I moved onto a new car..
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/IMG_7225Small.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/DSC00023Small.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/DSC00018Small.jpg
Sohc VTEC! :bowrofl:
Goodbye busted_blue, hello milano red.
I can already see everyone flaming me right this instant. :lol:

hey, what do you call a prstitute giving oral in a honda?

doing her civic duties...........:rice:

Legend_master
10-24-2005, 05:47 PM
hey, what do you call a prstitute giving oral in a honda?
doing her civic duties...........:rice:

ba-dump chingggg......

Busted_Blue
10-24-2005, 05:49 PM
haha!!!!!

zero.counter
10-24-2005, 06:21 PM
I know it's late Busted, but congrats on the clean car! Gas saver surely. The previous owner(s) looks to have kept up with cleaning.

Busted_Blue
10-24-2005, 09:42 PM
I know it's late Busted, but congrats on the clean car! Gas saver surely. The previous owner(s) looks to have kept up with cleaning.

I got 28.5mpg on the last tank and thats with 150 miles of spirited driving.

Last pic for good measure before the good ole 3gee goes away.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/IMG_7407Small.jpg

mkymonkey
10-25-2005, 07:34 AM
hehe see ya on sunday!!!!

Busted_Blue
10-25-2005, 02:13 PM
hehe see ya on sunday!!!!

you might have to communicate with your buddy a little bit more =P

sporkHSP
10-25-2005, 02:22 PM
i wont forget this site, i bet i'll probably browse and keep an eye on my baby's new owner. ahhahah
thats what we all say...

Busted_Blue
10-25-2005, 02:52 PM
thats what we all say...

ha.

Hash_man_Se_i
10-26-2005, 12:20 AM
We're still waiting for a photoshoot thread of the new car... jeez its taking long enough

Busted_Blue
10-26-2005, 12:47 AM
We're still waiting for a photoshoot thread of the new car... jeez its taking long enough

I'm waiting on parts. couple parts is still in japan on a shipping container waiting to come in (won't be here till dec). :hs:

if you notice in the last pic..you can see that it is civic has a different stance ;)

here is a nice teaser pic.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/busted_blue/IMG_7370Small.jpg

Hash_man_Se_i
10-26-2005, 02:10 PM
oooh apexi coilovers?... very nice, my friends dad has those on his skyline, they are awesome coilovers.