PDA

View Full Version : how to make your glass look better?

b8er
10-11-2005, 11:51 AM
so i read the thread on how to make your paint look better then i went to drive somewhere and realized hey my glass is ugly, i got lines running up and down my side windows so does anybody know how to get rid of these is there any product that fixes this or is my awner new glass? thanks guys

Busted_Blue
10-11-2005, 12:06 PM
try using claybar on it. It helps a bit..but if the scratches are really deep, you need some sort of filler which I'm not aware of what to do with. Try using that some wax as that believe it or not helps with the windows too. good luck,.

b8er
10-11-2005, 02:46 PM
cool, thanks busted il give it a whirl

3gn86lxi
10-11-2005, 06:07 PM
Are they deep scratches??

3gn86lxi
10-11-2005, 06:07 PM
Are they deep scratches??
Sorry, site is being weird tonight.

b8er
10-13-2005, 11:21 AM
they dont seem to be that deep, kinda like a sruface scratch
i havent tried the wax yet, been busy but if i evre get around to useing it il let you guys know if it works or not

paso100
10-13-2005, 12:05 PM
Get some rubbing alcohol from the drug store for a buck and apply with a soft COTTON cloth to remove impurities/clean. If it's a scratch and not stuff attached to the glass, you're out of luck.

b8er
10-13-2005, 03:12 PM
no there definatly scratches

DBMaster
10-13-2005, 04:14 PM
You can actually scrub your glass with Bon-Ami cleanser. It is made for cleaning smooth ceramics and glassware. It can minimize the appearance of minor scratches and gets rid of any stubborn road film. The abrasive is very mild so you don't have to worry about hazing.

3gn86lxi
10-13-2005, 10:13 PM
You can actually scrub your glass with Bon-Ami cleanser. .
Nope........Bon-Ami won't do anything. I work in the autoglass field, and I have heard all the old timers say that will take stuff off the glass......it really doesn't. How much do you want to spend to fix the scratches?? Novus has polishing equipment that can get the scratches out if they are not too deep. BUT, polishing starts at $75 an hour, so depending on how long it would take.......you could replace the glass.

b8er
10-14-2005, 12:20 PM
alright, thanks for all the info guys

HondaBoy
10-14-2005, 03:30 PM
i know what scratches your talking about. all of my old cars have had that. usually occurs on cars that are mostly left outside. guess because they tend to get dirty more than a car inside a garage. anyway, my accord has those just on the driver side window. nothing i've tried has worked to get rid of them. but cleaning the scratches will make them a lot less noticeable! but they'll still be there. its just dirt and whatever else gets on the windows sticks in the scratches more easy than on the smooth glass. if i do get my car done up all nice, then i'll probley just replace the scratched glass, but its not that bad i dont think.