PDA

View Full Version : Engine Troubles

Phi.Rus
10-11-2005, 06:33 PM
I have a 89 Accord DX, carb. I am having some not so slight engine issues... First off, it sounds like a lawn mower, which i have narrowed down to 3 things. Mechanic says there is a possibility that the distributer is dead...or gone...or dying...w/e. Another is a exhuast leak (interesting side note, i bought a replacement exhuast piece, and the bolt pattern on the engine end, not the cat end, was backwards....strange) And lastly, a possible dead cyclinder. The OTHER issue is that is smokes worse than a backed up wood stove, thick white/blueish smoke (which could be related to the engine...malfunctions?) would be cool if i could track down some answers. Thanks guys. (p.s. its at 199,856 miles, cant wait to see that barrier broken)

1ajs
10-11-2005, 07:15 PM
the smoking can be cause bye your piston rings or your valave seals haveing same prob but its are piston rings but are engin is on borowed time if you knew what we have done with are 3gee you would be amazed and would have great respect for these cars. the recors aka bucks has become are best source for parts in the last few years here in teh peg

but its most likly your valve seals its a flaw with these cars also the gth gear on these cars were out

you say like a lawn mower defenitly your exaust

million k 3gee

1ajs
10-11-2005, 07:16 PM
arrrg it glitched out

1ajs
10-11-2005, 07:16 PM
arrrg it duble triple posted lol silly glitches

POS carb
10-12-2005, 10:38 AM
I think you could have an over-rich condition or sticking valves, do a compression check

Phi.Rus
10-13-2005, 06:58 AM
Thank you for the help. Awesome.