PDA

View Full Version : More Surprises!

kaltenacht
10-12-2005, 04:59 PM
Heh, been slowing fixing some of the minor electrical problems with my car lately. I just reupholstered my sunvisiors, and looking closer at the vanity mirror, the previous owner(s) cut the power wire to it. So I took it all apart and rewired it all. From the spring behind the mirro to the connectors at the roof. I took off the cover nearest to the sunvisor, the one that covers the pillar. And I noticed what looked like a speaker wire going to it. After following it to it starting point, it looks like it was spliced into the wire for the glowbox light. I looked through the Honda manual and didnt see it there. So it it part of the light? I doubt it just wanted to be sure though.

smufguy
10-12-2005, 07:24 PM
yeah the glove and the visor lights ran in one line. I found the same thing, when i removed my headliner. it was a clear casing just like the speaker wire.

lostforawhile
10-12-2005, 08:13 PM
hey how did you recover your sunvisors, I did my entire freakin' interior and i still can't figure out how to get around those little plastic gizmos on them .even the local upholstery shop won't touch them. :bowrofl:

POS carb
10-13-2005, 10:37 AM
what year and bodystyles are your cars?
The one on my 87 sedan wasn't working b/c there was a disconnected wire in the trunk passenger side by the speaker. I didn't check to see if it spliced to the glove box
Hooking it up to the glovebox should work the same though.