PDA

View Full Version : Third Brake Light Question...

kaltenacht
10-12-2005, 05:03 PM
I am planning on upgrading my thrid brake light to a LED light bar and I was wanting to know if ne one knew just how it came apart from the back of the car? I have a LXI Sedan....

lostforawhile
10-12-2005, 05:15 PM
you will ned another convential bulb to hide somewhere connected to the third brake light wiring too,or else the safety indicator in the dash will always say you have a burned out bulb.
the led brake light doesn't pull enough current to keep the indicator turned off,so it thinks the bulb is burned out.

smufguy
10-12-2005, 07:23 PM
there are two little pop out slots on the either side of the brake light. pop them out, unscrew the screws and remove the bulb. If i was you, i would put a resistor across the terminals of the LED bar, to keep the BRAKE burnt out warning light on ur dash happy.

lostforawhile
10-12-2005, 07:49 PM
i just hid a small regular bulb in a panel,the led lights pull such little current that the car doesn't even know they are there. sems to have worked fine for years

POS carb
10-13-2005, 10:40 AM
the lamp has two covers on the sides, pop them of to reveal screws. the whole assembly will come out but there will be two metal brackets left and a hole in the carpet.