PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas: Does anyone have a custom center console?

POS carb
10-13-2005, 01:37 PM
Hi
I have new seats in my car which are taller and farther back and now there's quite a bit of space between the console and the chair; this tends to catch EVERYTHING loose in my car in preparation to be squashed when I move the seat
I'm looking for ideas. The seatbelts mount to the chair so I don't need to worry about those. I've never done fiberglass, i'm thinking this would be a cool project to learn it.

another thing I want to do is move the shifter closer to me/the e-brake, I'm thinking that someone might know of a product that can relocate the shifter, like some kind of Z-shaped bar, if not I'd probably have to find a longer linkage (maybe Legend 5sp, there's one @ u-pick w/ blown trans) and cut a new hole
Maybe throw in some gauges and switches or an LCD. I definately want some bigger cupholders.

:uh:

POS carb
10-13-2005, 01:39 PM
:whoring:
http://www.teamlouish.com/imports.console.html

88accordalltheway
10-13-2005, 02:52 PM
you must be pretty tall to be that far away...

mkymonkey
10-14-2005, 10:58 AM
lol, thats fucked up kevin. anyway i think that would be actually pretty cool to have a custom console. you can even redo the arm rest to make it bigger and more uh... (for lack of a better word) confy.

JFreddy
10-16-2005, 08:42 AM
you could even put some good cup holders in it!!

mkymonkey
10-16-2005, 09:44 AM
that too

A20A1
10-16-2005, 01:08 PM
That would look nice. :)

HondaBoy
10-16-2005, 06:42 PM
here's an old ass pic of what i did. dont think that's anything near what you are wanting to do. i will probley make another insert later on. i wanted to get some nice gauges to put behind it, haveing the lense thing smoked with gauges behind it so you see them when they are lit up only. anyway's, yeah, i'd say your going to have to fab up something made with fiberglass. i was going to try something with fiberglass. i was going to first fab it up with some cardboard, then overlay the fiberglass. dunno if i'll do it. i wanted to make a console that goes from the front seats to the rear seats. to give it a 2+2 feel or something.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/347000-347999/347392_63.jpg

POS carb
10-17-2005, 10:39 AM
nah I'm talking along the lines of a console about 4 inches wider and about that much taller. I'm 5'9 and on top of that I chopped the shifter rod when I bought it so I have to really reach for 5th gear. I wish I could move the shifter and the steering wheel closer to me. Maybe another dash? yea right! lol
I'm going to start constructing one, cupholders are a must, the SEi ones don't hold Large or King size drinks!

89accord_lxi_coupe
10-20-2005, 12:59 PM
i'm the same height. you get the knees hitting the bottom of the dash too? i actually think i grew a little more after i bought mine, because they didn't hit when i first got it. have fun and throw some pics to show us what's happening.

1985accord
10-20-2005, 01:23 PM
I think I might try making one to put in the ol' 85 hatch