PDA

View Full Version : weird thing happening now..lighting problem...

killerb09
08-15-2002, 03:28 AM
ok on my SEi all the lights work save for the driver front side light by the fender...
and this is the weird part....

my head lights work, my BRAKE lights work when you press the brake pedal but I have no "running" lights...like nothing lights up on the dash....no tail lights....no lights on the sides or anything...like my headlights come on nice and strong and high beams all work and everything....

anybody give me some ideas of what to look for...like even with the head lights on theres no dash illumination or tail lights of any sort....would it be as simple as a burned fuse? or is there a relay that contriols just the running lights?

thanks guys

89AccordNate
08-15-2002, 09:27 AM
Check all of the fuses, remember there are 2 fuse boxes, one under the dash and one under the hood on the passenger side. Why post if you havent checked the fuses?!

Nate.

ACCORD EX
08-15-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by 89AccordNate
Why post if you havent checked the fuses?!

Nate.
take it easy Nate ! :D

anyway when any electrical problem occurs ! check all teh fuses first ! :)

MIKE

killerb09
08-16-2002, 02:56 AM
jebus I'm not a total retard....
yes I checked teh fuses...theres nothing wrong wth them....
any other ideas?....

I do have this thing on my drivers side wireing...it's a black wire that has 4 other wires in it and it plugs in male/female style.....it was all corroded adn when I was trying to get it apart(using some Tobasco sauce) teh wire s all broke and let go...could this be anythign to do with teh lights?

this car is so majorly screw..but I did manage to get another 89 sedan to drive for a whiel...

killerb09
08-16-2002, 03:04 AM
the only one that was missing was the passenger side pwr windw one under the hood....
I'm not exactly a newbie when it comes to workign on these accords....

I was mostly meaning could it be a bad connection with a fuse or something...

SiR
08-16-2002, 10:12 AM
I had a similar problem, check this post out, might help you out.
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3249&highlight=Lights+Out