PDA

View Full Version : Aem Ems

1hot89accord
10-14-2005, 09:37 AM
do any of you techy dudes out there know how that AEM universal EMS (engine managment system) would work on our cars? i was reading about it in a magazine a while back and it said it can make just about any car have a stand alone engine management system... so any thoughts guys?:dunno:

1hot89accord
10-17-2005, 04:11 AM
what does OBD1 stand for? and is that distributer easy to fab?

A20A1
10-17-2005, 06:03 AM
here you go.
There is a write up in post #4
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=185

bobafett
11-02-2005, 03:31 PM
i think the most important question is, why do you feel that you could justify using an AEM EMS?

also, i believe the AEM is coming out with an obd0 version, its either that or e-manage, but i swear it was the EMS....

but you gotta have a damn good reason for running the standalone like the AEM... if you dont have a serious set of mods, its definetly one of the hugest wastes of money you could accomplish.

based on the mods you have, i would say its a bad idea to start thinking about aem, but if you are planning an all out all motor setup, or a turbo setup, thats another story.... obd1 swap, and or standalone is almost a must... however, if you bother to do an obd1 swap, at that point, your best off just buying a wideband, and using one of the many odb1 tuning softwares that are free or hella cheap. :)

Justin86
11-02-2005, 03:45 PM
yea OBD-1 and chrome is only gonna run you $500.

bobafett
11-02-2005, 03:49 PM
just for a point of reference, i was quoted $3500 for a full install and tune of an AEM EMS, with 2 maps to choose from, race or daily driven / pump gas or race gas, you get the idea. this included all of the extra sensors and gizmo's that i would need. i thought of that was a fairly reasonable price overal, since proper dyno tuning is something that should cost you between 700-1000 MINIMUM if done by a reputable shop....