PDA

View Full Version : Keyless Start

Ludi Mali
10-14-2005, 11:02 AM
How do you guys think it would work to rig up some sort of keyless push button start for the 3gee. Similar to what they have in the higher end cars(ex lexus is350). Where the key fob has a wireless transmitter in it that when its in the car all you have to do is push the start button and the car kicks on. Wiring a push button start is fairly easy, but its always needed the key in the ignition. What about riging some sort of radio switch to take the place of the ignition cylinder. I think the hardest part would be finding some sort of transmitter that would work. I might be able to gank one from the junkyard but it'd be tough to find a car with it and the key still there. Maybe something like the inhome systems where when you walk into a room the lights turn on automatically. But it would have to be wireless based instead of motion based.

Acid X
10-14-2005, 11:38 AM
There are alarms that have remote start, you know..

Ludi Mali
10-14-2005, 11:57 AM
yeah, but i'm doing it more for effect.

Acid X
10-14-2005, 12:21 PM
Well, why else would you want remote start? Haha. So you can start your car while someones trying to steal it? ;)

88accordalltheway
10-14-2005, 12:30 PM
i think your trying to get too complicated, seriously just get an alarm with the unit on it and dont wast your time.

3G Jester
10-14-2005, 12:33 PM
alarms are great- you can lock the bastard in your car while hes stealing it. ha! hell never get ou8t cause you have the remote!

blazin3gen
10-14-2005, 12:36 PM
alarms are great- you can lock the bastard in your car while hes stealing it. ha! hell never get ou8t cause you have the remote!

lol

wtf u got a knight rider kit on yo shit or what hahaa

3G Jester
10-14-2005, 12:47 PM
phuck ya

Ludi Mali
10-14-2005, 12:53 PM
i think your trying to get too complicated, seriously just get an alarm with the unit on it and dont wast your time.

I'd say its really fairly simple if I can find a switch that gets activated automatically by a wireless unit. a weekend worth of work at the most.

Plus I never liked remote start on a M/T.

88accordalltheway
10-14-2005, 01:20 PM
making a button work without a key is going to be easy, but the wireless sensor part will be hard. You want the button to not work if the the sensor is not activated/present, right?(that way no one can steal your car)

I still think this is a waste of time, but whatever floats ur boat.

TheWatcher
10-14-2005, 03:18 PM
Well, why else would you want remote start? Haha. So you can start your car while someones trying to steal it? ;)
Remote start is NOT a security feature, it's a luxury feature. It just happens to be offered in the higher end alarm systems. Remote start will NOT make your car harder to steal (ignition kill, alarm sensors, motion detectors, etc. do the security).

Here's how I would use remote start in the 808. I leave the air conditioner on, before I park the car. Jessica Alba and I spend a couple hours on the beach. Just before we are going to leave, I use the remote to turn on the remote start for about 10-15 minutes. When we get back to the car, it's nice and cool, so no harm is done to Jessica's fine a$$.

Peace.

LiTtLe xOx BitT
10-14-2005, 09:30 PM
I have the remote start and keyless entry on my 88 lx-i and i love it. In the winter all i do it leave my hea and defrost on when i go to sleep and when i get up i start it and get dressed and its warm and the window are clear when i get in it.

TheWatcher
10-15-2005, 01:06 AM
I have the remote start and keyless entry on my 88 lx-i and i love it. In the winter all i do it leave my hea and defrost on when i go to sleep and when i get up i start it and get dressed and its warm and the window are clear when i get in it.
I need an EFI conversion before I can get remote start to work.

Carb = no remote start. :thumbdn:

Peace.

buds302
10-15-2005, 05:49 AM
ok dude here ya go all you need for a remote start is right here!!! http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/ and its very easy. they give you instructions and a light tester and electrical tape. i did it on my 88 and it worked fine!

buds302
10-15-2005, 05:51 AM
I'd say its really fairly simple if I can find a switch that gets activated automatically by a wireless unit. a weekend worth of work at the most.

Plus I never liked remote start on a M/T.

its a few min of work!! less than an hour!

Acid X
10-15-2005, 07:21 PM
Kevin had remote start on his carb.. Why cant you?

88accordalltheway
10-15-2005, 08:51 PM
Kevin had remote start on his carb.. Why cant you?
:werd:

FyreDaug
10-15-2005, 09:16 PM
You can have remote start on a carb.... Why do you need an -i conversion?

cdscowboy
10-17-2005, 06:33 PM
I had a Bulldog Security remote start/keyless entry I got off of eBay for $26 shipped. Had to do all the wiring myself, but it worked great. No alarm, however.