PDA

View Full Version : Got Delta Cam Installed,,,BUT ONE PROB?

Rendon LX-i
10-14-2005, 06:20 PM
Okay everything is okay but theres like this wiered like Supercharged Sound coming from the timing belt area idk dont sound right......Like a whinng sound idk......has anyone had this prob if soo let me know.....prower is great and what not just that sound i dont like....Like to get rid of this sound

A20A1
10-14-2005, 06:24 PM
Not sure,

It could be that the belt is too tight putting strain on the bearrings.

Did you tighten the bolts to spec and in the right order?

Did you check to see if the crank and cam gear were alligned?

Did you readjust your valve clearance after you installed the cam since the cam specs were changed?

Water pumps make noises too...

Rendon LX-i
10-14-2005, 06:27 PM
i had a friend of mine who does Sidejobs...well everything vavles and what not are adjusted....well thats what he told me....i dont know bout crank and cam gear alligned...but wouldnt i know some how?.....water pump....ummmmm idk

let me call him and ask

Rendon LX-i
10-14-2005, 06:35 PM
Okay called him said crank and cam were alligned and vavles were adjusted by the book...i let him use my book Clinton book....and did evertying like it said....i mean idk what esle it could be didnt do none of this before...also told me u cant in any way over tighten the timing belt cuz of the tenesior may the other to belts are to tight he siad that could cause that sound so i go loosen em a little an see what happens.....let me know

Strugglebucket
10-14-2005, 08:46 PM
here's a wild guess:

check that the two pedestal bolts on the head above where the distributor shaft goes in. maybe he forgot to torque them down.

TWOLOUDNPROUD
10-14-2005, 09:03 PM
Okay everything is okay but theres like this wiered like Supercharged Sound coming from the timing belt area idk dont sound right......Like a whinng sound idk......has anyone had this prob if soo let me know.....prower is great and what not just that sound i dont like....Like to get rid of this sound
I had the same thing you timing is to tight it makes that sound people look at you like WTF:bowrofl: :rice: i thought i did some thing wrong and thay wath it was it a easy fix.

ACE_14
10-14-2005, 10:58 PM
Which Delta cam did you go with? 260? 272? The vavle clearance will be different. The stock specs are something like, .010 on the intake and .012 on the exhaust. When I put my 260 on, I noticed a weird tapping sound as if I was low on oil. I called up Delta, and the new ajustments were, .008 intake and .010 exhaust.

Oldblueaccord
10-14-2005, 11:57 PM
Which Delta cam did you go with? 260? 272? The vavle clearance will be different. The stock specs are something like, .010 on the intake and .012 on the exhaust. When I put my 260 on, I noticed a weird tapping sound as if I was low on oil. I called up Delta, and the new ajustments were, .008 intake and .010 exhaust.

yes with regrind the base circle is smaller valves should be adjusted accordingly.

I think the wine is the belt. run it. I run mine tight no problems.

wp

Rendon LX-i
10-15-2005, 12:28 AM
okay on the box it says on the bottom 272 and the top 672 both on side of box.....I timming belt dont seem tight and i loosen the other belts and are fine....so idk...only thing i can think of is the timming belt could be to tight...but i dont know how that could be......Valves dont ping or nothing....the valves were adjusted to specs....so im lost. lol runs great thou.......