PDA

View Full Version : carb help.. might be buying a carbed 3g

yanman
10-15-2005, 06:55 PM
ok, my friend has this 3g that is carbed and wants to sell it for me for a 150 bux. good deal IMO if i can get it working. Seeing that im a poor student with little money i don't want to end up buying a car that doesn't work for me .. lol

so the only thing that is wrong is the car floods coz the carb plates are stuck. I've only dealt with F/I in my life. I am just wondering what it would take to get that fixed? carb rebuild? how much would i be looking at?

A20A1
10-15-2005, 07:32 PM
Rebuild the carb, or rebuild a carb from a different car, since the throttle is siezed in your carb.

FyreDaug
10-19-2005, 10:21 AM
Go to a junker and pick one up for <$20 bucks yanman. Throw it on, if it works, good, if not Im sure theyll honor your warranty to bring it back saying it dont work. I know bucks has a couple, and I'm sure you are aware of its location. You can get lucky and get a good carb, might aswell throw in a new gasket too, or go ghetto and make your own with that silicon shit. Worked on my buddies car for a long time now. :dunno:

POS carb
10-21-2005, 07:56 AM
whenever i had crazy problems with my stock carb I'd go to the u-pull and get another one for ~$50
If all the emmissions tubes are still intact the car should start right up with a new (used) carburetor, best to get one from a car that is crashed and hasn't been sitting with the hood open and a puddle of water in it

FyreDaug
10-24-2005, 08:07 AM
Carb cleaner might even fix the topic's problem if its sticking