PDA

View Full Version : shorter vacuum line=more advance?

newaccorddriver
10-17-2005, 05:38 PM
i was just thinking, since i cant go through the hassle of making my car OBD1 for now, i was wondering if i can make the vacuum advance line shorter. im not sure if it works this way, but shorter line would make it advance faster/more, i may be wrong, but its better i ask first. i plan to turbo my car as soon as i can find a turbo i like, so id like to know if that works cause vacuum advance licks nut sacks

A20A1
10-17-2005, 06:54 PM
shorter vacuum line might give more response... but unless you actually pull more vacuum there is no chance for the distributor to advance more... and more then likely you'll hiy the stopper and it wont advance more anyways.

BTW turbo isn't going to like too much advance.

newaccorddriver
10-17-2005, 08:34 PM
just curious as to if it would work or not. i cant find too many 4g accords up in canada with engine parts still in them, so i cant make it OBD1 any time soon. and i cant get the rest of the parts for OBD1 that easily as i dont like ordering from another country due to duties/taxes/fees and i dont like how long it takes to get parts. probably alot easier to find them in the states though... for now i guess im stuck with trying to get parts for my car...