PDA

View Full Version : Suguestions for new 89 accord lx-i

nebztal82
08-15-2002, 09:21 AM
Ok i just got an 89 accord lx-i 4 door. and i want to start puting some performance parts on it but i have no idea where to start. i don't have an unlimited bugdit. but i want to know what i should get..an air intake..exuast..headers..lowering springs..wheels..
what should i start with. and idea's would be aprriaciated

shepherd79
08-15-2002, 09:27 AM
well, i think you should start with air intake. 92 civic intake will fit after you cut 3 inches out of it. go to autozone and get one for like $40.
than you start thinking about new plugs (NGK), wires (NGK), distributor cap and rotor, Fuel filter, Oh yeah and Accel coil or MSD blaster 2 coil. after that may be MSD 6AL for more spark power.
if you still have some money left, new headers, and exhaust.
may be regrind cam.
and so on and on.

I would say just do simple tune up with air intake and accel coil.

OldSchoolSwap
08-15-2002, 09:29 AM
Go to my site and see what you like, maybe that'll give you some ideas on where to start.
It depends whether you like performance or looks, maybe even sound.

1988starter
08-15-2002, 11:04 AM
Personally before you get the msd ignition I would suggest you get headers and an exhaust. For the exhaust get 2.25 inch mandrel bent pipes from a muffler shop. Get a muffler of your choice a lot of people here like dynomax super turbo mufflers.. As for the accel coil after you get it gap your plugs to .050-.054 for a little extra power.