PDA

View Full Version : tranny question

sideways_LX-i
10-19-2005, 05:20 AM
ok guys i just found this place and been lookin through it a lot, i actually found a lot of this shit out on my own (wish i found this place sooner ha ha) but i am lookin to put a B18C5 into my accord, BUUUUT i want a 6 speed, is there any 6-sped tranny's that will fit this car with that swap? i havent had much time to look all this up on my own (good thing this place has some fellow tech-ers lol) if so whats it called and what hunck o metal can i pull it out of? not to mention if there is any company that will make mounts or anything for it too, just any lil shit i might run into along the process of puttin it in, im sure its its longer or shorter ill have to compensate for that but anything unexpected you more exp. guys might know of? thanks for the help fellas :dunno: peace

sideways_LX-i
10-19-2005, 06:46 AM
actually i just looked it up in some spare time and found only 6-speeds erally come from NSX's and s2000, i think a other car too but i forget and i guess none of them bolt up to a b-series, so im outta luck i think, if anyone has anything to bring hope back though let me know! would love to make it work... a 3g runnin a B18C5 6 speed.... :rockon: great things are commin for this car i got, accord of the month post area... look out!! ha ha, anyways later guys thanks for the help

SteveDX89
10-19-2005, 08:30 AM
Like you said, NSX, S2000 and the RSX Type-S have 6 speeds. None will bolt to B series blocks tho. So I'd suggest forgetting about 6 speed. As far as putting it in, you will need custom mounts, axles, shift rod, and wiring. It'll be hella expensive. Good luck.

sideways_LX-i
10-20-2005, 04:04 AM
yeah right good luck lol, i think ill pass, custom 6-speeds are VERY pricey, thanks though :)

snow_man_20
10-20-2005, 04:38 AM
yeah right good luck lol, i think ill pass, custom 6-speeds are VERY pricey, thanks though :)

hes also talking about the b-series swap without the 6spd. you will have to buy somthing like this. http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=47158 If i were you i would buy it because it may be the last one you will EVER see.

good luck

spanky
10-20-2005, 12:16 PM
the new 06 civic si is a 6spd but i dont have a clue if it would work.

newaccorddriver
10-20-2005, 03:16 PM
the new 06 civic si is a 6spd but i dont have a clue if it would work.

i believe they use the same things as the RSX type s

sideways_LX-i
10-21-2005, 03:46 AM
oh actually i have most of the shit i need, i found it on my own a lil while ago, i been kinda puttin this project shit together in my garage till i can get the actual engine and tranny. (i had a good hook on the engine but the guys bein apuss now so i might have to find a new source for that) but i hope to have this project done and ready for summer when it comes back around, just gotta find time and wait for the good buys to float my way. i was just wondering if you guys knew of a 6-speed i could use that maybe i havnt found or anything, but since not, a 5'll do

POS carb
10-21-2005, 07:38 AM
you need a K block to use a 6 speed and due to their age expect to pay a pretty penny

now if anyone gets an NSX motor and 6 speed I want you to contract me to build the first mid-engine 3gee! :rockon: