PDA

View Full Version : electrical problems

crazykamper
10-19-2005, 12:06 PM
have had some problems with my car recently. let me know if anybody knows what may be the problem. if i have my lights on for more than 2 hours of driving. my cluster and the rear tailligths both stop working. i check the fuses and only the Rear Left fuse is blow. i hate havin to replace it all the time when i take road trips.

logic
10-20-2005, 10:55 AM
have had some problems with my car recently. let me know if anybody knows what may be the problem. if i have my lights on for more than 2 hours of driving. my cluster and the rear tailligths both stop working. i check the fuses and only the Rear Left fuse is blow. i hate havin to replace it all the time when i take road trips.

Sounds like an intermittant short, those are fun to find.....

Oldblueaccord
10-21-2005, 12:24 AM
maybe water in your taillight housings causing a short and blowing a fuse? They leak really bad.

wp

crazykamper
10-21-2005, 08:47 PM
where do they usually leak??? i have a huge leak that i just noticed after it rains in my trunk. what can i replace to fix it.

Oldblueaccord
10-22-2005, 04:48 PM
taillight gaskets for one. The other i dunno mine fills with water to I have a hatch. try changing the gasket I guess first. I let mine drain before I drive any where and I park with the nose going down hill it seems to help.

wp