PDA

View Full Version : Leaking gas I think.

TeKKnoTeKK
05-05-2002, 08:57 PM
I have had this really annoying oil leak for the longest time and while I was getting under there to change my oil filter I noticed there was another leak. I thought it was oil, but later after going in the house I smelled like gas (not the kind that comes out your butt). Either I have gas leaking into my oil somehow, or that little box that had the two tubes coming from it was leaking gas. Fuck. Don't know how to explain it but it's probably about a foot past the oil pan and a little lower. There was a metal cover over it so I didn't get a very good look, but it was definetly leaking something.

TeKKnoTeKK
05-06-2002, 02:05 PM
Any ideas guys? Please I am desperate here :eek:

OldSchoolSwap
05-06-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by TeKKnoTeKK
I have had this really annoying oil leak for the longest time and while I was getting under there to change my oil filter I noticed there was another leak. I thought it was oil, but later after going in the house I smelled like gas (not the kind that comes out your butt). Either I have gas leaking into my oil somehow, or that little box that had the two tubes coming from it was leaking gas. Fuck. Don't know how to explain it but it's probably about a foot past the oil pan and a little lower. There was a metal cover over it so I didn't get a very good look, but it was definetly leaking something.
Kinda hard to help you on that one without looking at it. Can you take out the "metal cover " to get a better look at what's leaking? It might just be a fuel hose that is pretty easy to replace. Heat usually kill those hoses and they crack open after time.

Let me know.

rocky2
05-06-2002, 04:34 PM
Take dipstick out and try to light the oil on bottom up. Then you'll know if fuel is getting into oil.:bandit:

TeKKnoTeKK
05-06-2002, 04:41 PM
In worst case scenerio and gas is getting into the oil what causes that?

87accordlxph
05-06-2002, 04:51 PM
Oil will start a fire if there wasn't any gas on the dip stick.

That is the black sheild cover to your power steering control unit.
Maybe the O-ring and port seal need to be replaced.
Mine leaks as well, I just keep adding Power Steering fluid
when I have to. The oil drain bolt maybe loose, tighten her up
but not too tight!!!!

You can remove the 3 bolts to get at the unit. But I really wouldn't worry about it unless you know what your doin.

The reason that you smell gas is because your fuel filters
maybe plugged and need to be replaced. Does your car hesitate
or start and die instantly? also OldSchoolSwap is right about the fuel lines. They should be replaced when replacing the fuel filters.
One fuel filter is in a container right near the gas tank and the other is in the engine compartment near the left strut tower.

Good luck

-Mike