PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed

matrixdrrrrr
08-15-2002, 11:52 AM
Hey, brand new at this so bare with me.

My sister just bought a 89 accord lx 2 dr, and well, the look isn't too apealing(worn wheel covers, bad paint, overall look of an accord), I'm wondering with probably 3 grand spent on wheels and tires plus another 500 or so on a spoiler and another few hours and dollars spent on a paint job if the car would look alright...

Here's a photoshop prediction of what we hope it to look like:
http://geocities.com/matrixdrrrrr/possible.jpg
you'll have to copy and paste into your browser

let me know what you think, how much you think it would cost to do something like this, and if it would even be worth it

Thanks!

YK86
08-15-2002, 12:38 PM
I like the rims but the color and wing isn't too appealing. I think you could lower it, put on a spoiler, get nice rims (good used ones would be a way to save money), and a paint job for $3000. Just have to be smart with your money and do a bunch of the work yourself and you may even have money left over. Good luck!

87accordlx
08-15-2002, 03:12 PM
the only thing i like about that car is the rims, i would suggest looking at a few cars on this board, in my opinion i think the best looking ones are accordlx, yk86, and bob's hatch, i like the clean, smooth look

shepherd79
08-15-2002, 03:53 PM
if i wa you go with black hood and white shaved car. with nice not too big spoiler, lowered about 2", nice 17" rims.

89BlackH-Back
08-15-2002, 04:48 PM
ok man honestly the black hood is not going to be carbon fiber you can paint it black but i dont know if there is a point, if you wanna have your car green cool be origional but i am wondering if white rims would look better with the green hey thats what theres photoshop forbut man what ever you do dont put that wing on there they really do look goofey as hell, i think the low stock wings look better but the car will defently need to be lowered so i would suggest eibach coilovers at ground-control.com $200 use tokico shocks and camber kits by chikarra(i think they are spelled that way) or you can use a cheaper method which is prelude upper control arms but i defently wouldnt use that wing good luck with the project and let me know how it turns out

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
08-15-2002, 05:15 PM
HOW DOES THE CAR LOOK NOW?

matrixdrrrrr
08-16-2002, 04:13 AM
Currently, the car is stock except a wrong color paint on the fenders, doors and quarter panels. It has faded to white wheel covers and we just got it a couple days ago. First thing i did was remove the mounts for the front plate (one was destroyed in the process due to rust). There is no spoiler and the crome has been covered with a black rubber resin or something.

Twisted 87lxi
08-16-2002, 04:51 AM
Just to take under consideration, if your planning on fixing your ride out to be a ricer (not in a bad way) than maybe you should just consider getting some cheaper rims (maybe $1000 - $1500) instead and in turn putting a body kit on it. I think that w/ a body kit, lowered, w/ some nice rims, and that wing, it could look really decent. But in my personal opinion I would loose the black hood, cause like 89BlackH said, the hood is obviously not going to be Carbon Fiber so it is just going to look like you painted the hood black, which is pretty ricey if you ask me.

inflikti0n
08-16-2002, 09:13 PM
nice but, i wouldnt get a spoiler like that.. they're ugly, it would ruin the car man!

inflikti0n
08-16-2002, 09:13 PM
an yeah the white rims with that green would look pretty good

matrixdrrrrr
08-17-2002, 04:18 AM
Well, about the spoiler, I do want one. But i don't want one of those tiny ones that you wouldn't see if you lived on the trunk lid, and i dont want a giant moulded one that looks like its off a '73 daytona...I just thought the aluminum universals look good. Thanks to "internet colors" i noticed the color on the car isn't too good in that picture. As for white rims, I like white rims, especially the OZ wheels they use for rally's if anyone could tell me where i can find these (especially a picture), that would be appreciated. For the black hood, I know, and probably anyone that knows anything about cars would know that its not going to be carbon fiber, but i just like the color sceme of how it looks etc...

Thanks for your input, and if i can find those rims and maybe a reaaaaly nice spoiler, i'll whip up another picture and post it again.

Y3G
08-17-2002, 01:48 PM
I tried To get to your photos but I could'n get in. But going from the other posts you want to go green. Cool be original look at my car. I did want a aluminum wing for my car but I have changed my mind.A JSP mach III (sallen style)wing would look way better.And you can't go wrong with white wheels(thoe chrome would look solid)Hope to see it soon!

1988starter
08-17-2002, 02:08 PM
I got my rims cheep of ebay www.geocities.com/midias2/1988/2002

1988starter
08-17-2002, 02:09 PM
BTW I cannot see the pict

matrixdrrrrr
08-20-2002, 04:54 AM
you've got to copy the url to your browser.

1989 DX R
08-20-2002, 12:07 PM
Um....You got a split personality there man...?

CoAsTeR
08-20-2002, 06:54 PM
how bout these rims? :eek:

http://www.quickclic.net/~coaster/side.html

I didn't want anything fancy... mines still a grocery getter and winter beater

plus when I curb em', I won't cry as hard :321:

89BlackH-Back
08-20-2002, 06:55 PM
did you think of white motegi mr7's or mr3's???

Neuspeed87lx
08-20-2002, 07:02 PM
sell it !! and buy mikes car !!!!!

matrixdrrrrr
08-20-2002, 07:26 PM
Either I'm just really tired, or none of that made sense. (well some) First of all...89 DX R... what did you mean by I've got a split personality?(just curious).. second of all, Coaster, those rims are a hell of a lot nicer than whats currently on the car... but I want something that really turns heads. (no offence)
89BlackH-Back - wtf are you talking about?"white motegi mr7's or mr3's" I said OZ wheels...but if you can find me a pic of these... and they look like them.. that would be a lot of hekp, thanks.
Neuspeed87lx - ??? Sell what? The purpose of this thread is to make the car I own (pardon the punn) to look better. I love the car as it is.. but it would be AWSOME if it looked sweet.

Again, thanks for all your help.. well most of it..haha!

matrixdrrrrr
08-20-2002, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by 89BlackH-Back
did you think of white motegi mr7's or mr3's???

ok i just looked at the wheels... no, i wasn't and they look nothing like those.

89BlackH-Back
08-20-2002, 09:58 PM
na man i wasnt saying they look like oz wheels, im saying i think they would look nice on your car