PDA

View Full Version : question for those who dealt with the pedals before...

newaccorddriver
10-20-2005, 05:26 PM
i finally figured out how to take out the pedals, but im having one problem right now. the cotter pin that holds the bolt connected to the brake pedal had its 'flaps' broken off completely. im having a hard find removing the 'head' of the cotter pin, any ideas guys?

b8er
10-20-2005, 05:35 PM
get a ceneter punch, alot of wd40 or some kinda of lubercant and spend some time tring to punch it out

newaccorddriver
10-20-2005, 06:01 PM
get a ceneter punch,

is there one that staRts out really really small and then gets alot bigger? that might work, ill give it a try, thanks for the quick reply

lostforawhile
10-20-2005, 06:21 PM
is there one that staRts out really really small and then gets alot bigger? that might work, ill give it a try, thanks for the quick reply
if it's a stuck cotter key you need a pin punch,is is a punch where it is straight and doesn't taper. they come in different diameters. this will push the pin out as you tap on the end of it.

NastyNate
10-20-2005, 06:22 PM
if that does not work just try drilling it out with a very small drill bit. thats what i usaly do when they break and i can't get ahold of the head with neadle noise pliers

lostforawhile
10-20-2005, 06:24 PM
http://www.rpiv8.com/Gallery/Malory-pin-punch.jpg

lostforawhile
10-20-2005, 06:26 PM
if that does not work just try drilling it out with a very small drill bit. thats what i usaly do when they break and i can't get ahold of the head with neadle noise pliers
that is a harneded pin,it is going to be very difficult to drill through it, i've gone through several carbide drill bits trying to remove those type of pins,best thing is just to knock it straight through

NastyNate
10-20-2005, 06:30 PM
its not ment to drill it out but to break it loose and push it out mainly. not sure it usaly works for me.

lostforawhile
10-20-2005, 06:32 PM
oh ok:)

Cant Stop
11-05-2005, 08:32 PM
cotter pins are easy if you have the head just get a good solid pair of needle nose pliers hook them thru the head and pry it out after it comes out some pull / bend it out, slow but works