PDA

View Full Version : Honda Tuning Magazine

LiTtLe xOx BitT
10-21-2005, 03:33 AM
http://hondatuningmagazine.com/features/0511ht_integra/ . Read the article they trash the 3gee by saying its "boxy and gutless".

frankie89
10-21-2005, 05:56 AM
what!!!! boxy and gutless they dont know what their takling about..what nerve..

Hash_man_Se_i
10-21-2005, 12:36 PM
Hahaha i know I just got the new issues... i was like those bastards!! ... but a 500hp g2 teg would be nice

88eyeguy
10-21-2005, 12:55 PM
How could they say that?!?! Blasphemers! I'll show them gutless. They act like the Civics and Integras come with all that crap out of the box. Why not have an issue where they attempt to get the potential out of the A20? It's still an excellent engine as we have seen on this site numerous times. They can't think outside the box. Fine! Let 'em sit fat 'n happy! Until one day when they try to merge with traffic in their fart-cannoned civic and see a few specks become life size 3g's in the mirror. All hail the A20!

AccordEpicenter
10-21-2005, 02:47 PM
assholes... who the fuck wrote that article? Ive never lost to another honda, LS Vtec (VTECH haha) and i have way less money invested in my setup than some of these other wierdos. Yeah it is a great car, but people's response to the stock boosted a20 accord has been general disbelief, and a shock to many. Id personally keep the money in my pocket and get a more dramatic response from people, than spend 20G on my teg, not dissing the teg, but that ignorant asshat thar wrote that article needs to STFU. BTW, the boxyness and flipup headlights are really part of the cars appeal. Besides, the accord was never designed to be a small sporty car, the accord was meant to be a flagship sedan.

phrenology
10-21-2005, 03:02 PM
Ahahaha...man if the G3 community had as many available out of the box after market mods as those ricer fags in their GSRs do then I think we would be the ones shitting down their tailpipes. The A20 has alot of tuning potential just not off the shelf aftermarket technology. Come on here people we're talking about 1980's technology that was way ahead of its time. :rockon:
The head could be a little less anemic tho...I think Rjudgey fixed that!

If I ever meet this Aaron Bonk...I'll kick em' square in tha nuts!!! He just thought he could sound like a big man by trashing the G3s and sucking the dicks of the ricer community. :321:

guaynabo89
10-21-2005, 03:21 PM
I'll show them gutless. hopefully I can put don some good n/a whp numbers when I finally get my car dyno tuned sometime in the next couple of months.

those bastards:mad:

AccordDX86
10-21-2005, 04:18 PM
How could they say that?!?! Blasphemers! I'll show them gutless. They act like the Civics and Integras come with all that crap out of the box. Why not have an issue where they attempt to get the potential out of the A20? It's still an excellent engine as we have seen on this site numerous times. They can't think outside the box. Fine! Let 'em sit fat 'n happy! Until one day when they try to merge with traffic in their fart-cannoned civic and see a few specks become life size 3g's in the mirror. All hail the A20!

Well said. I actually find that boxy comment offensive. I think the 3g look is great, especially a 2 door coupe. Man, if I could only find one cheap with a 5 speed.

Hash_man_Se_i
10-22-2005, 01:46 AM
OK... so we need to send them one big hate mail on that article... I'll start writing it, and we'll all electronically sign it!! ... We need a 3rd gen in honda tuning already! ...

paso100
10-22-2005, 02:50 AM
Big deal. The guy's teg is objectively better than a 3g. Period.
Do I like his car more than mine? Nope. End of discussion. And that's entirely because what we like is sooo subjective. So who's going to win the pissing contest? Who cares? I'm going for a ride.
As far as looks, I LOVE the lines of my 88. If somebody doesn't, that's not my problem.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid186/p2545d4ea284b3de695299261d8855bae/f24f20dc.jpg

LiTtLe xOx BitT
10-22-2005, 09:07 AM
I sent honda tuning an e-mail. Here it is.

In your latest issue of the magazine you have an article about a 1993 integra gsr. In the article you discuss how the owner had a 1989 accord before he got the integra. I have a 1988 accord lx-i which is also third generation accord (1986-1989). I found the comment about the accord being "boxy and gutless" to be very offensive, and I don't understand how a magazine that is supposed to support Hondas and acuras can say anything bad about another Honda or acura. I have only been working on my 3gee (third generation accord) for a few months and have gotten a handful of mods done despite the lack of after-market support for my car. I am a member on a website www.3geez.com, and it is dedicated to the 1986-1989 accords. There are guys on there who are running in the 10's in the quarter mile, doing custom turbo projects, and many other major projects and all of the work they are doing is custom because of limited after-market parts. I am very proud of my car and the progress I have made, and the amount of work that I have done in only a few months. I am getting ready to drop in a new engine and give it a new paint job, as well as a few other mods over the winter. My car is nothing compared to the guys that have been working on theirs for years and have thousands of dollars invested into them, but I hope to have a respectable 3gee show car within the next year or two. In future issues I hope that you can do an article on a third generation accord so that you can see what i am talking about, and after i am done my work over the winter I will send you some pictures if you would like me to. Thank you for your time and understanding.

Tom

bobafett
10-22-2005, 10:15 AM
I'll show them gutless. hopefully I can put don some good n/a whp numbers when I finally get my car dyno tuned sometime in the next couple of months.
those bastards:mad:

me too! :)

2drSE-i
10-22-2005, 12:18 PM
where was that article on the new accords that said something to the effect of "it is not the nicest looking accord by any means, that award goes to the 86-89 accords with the popup headlights".......i would really like to read this right now.

i just cant believe that they give this guy props for throwing his wallet at something. this guy probably doesnt know shit about what Garage Five did to his car. hes probly one of those.......look, its fast!

im slightly offended, but maybe we need to write one big letter, carefully worded. no offense tom, but yours sounded a little rushed and unprofessional

speedpenguin
10-25-2005, 03:28 PM
i know this is an old thread but whatever
a carefully worded letter from the entire site is an excellent idea.
i've been reading honda tuning for a while now, and i can tell you that this hatred of the old-school hondas isn't that widespread. wasn't it just in the last issue that they featured a 2nd gen prelude? and sometime before that there was a 1st gen teg.
what you need to do to get your car noticed is take it to events, and send them pictures... you can't just rail on about alleged 3g's running 10's that they've never seen before.
to really make an impact, just send them that letter with links to all our previous AOM winners.

keruhas184
10-25-2005, 03:52 PM
I think you guys are blowing it out of proportion a bit. Omg, that dude made a comment. Whatever. The 3g is boxy -- many people like that, and it is gutless unless dramatically modified. Get over it people. No need to get all riled up. :rolleyes:

speedpenguin
10-26-2005, 01:11 PM
I think you guys are blowing it out of proportion a bit. Omg, that dude made a comment. Whatever. The 3g is boxy -- many people like that, and it is gutless unless dramatically modified. Get over it people. No need to get all riled up. :rolleyes:
agreed, but why not take the opportunity to try get a 3g covered in the magazine. there's plenty of them around with a ton of time and money poured into making them into absolutely beautiful cars. why not try to get them some notice and show there's more than civics, tegs and preludes to mod.

AccordEpicenter
10-27-2005, 04:01 PM
ehh im not mad at honda tuning or anything, but the guy who wrote the article is a homo. The accord isnt boxy, but the design is sort of creased and angular, which i really like (many exotic cars have this style of design) its better than everything rounded and a bubble like most 90s cars... i hate that shit. If you wanna se boxy, see a volvo 740-760 series sedan... boxy as eff.

speedpenguin
10-29-2005, 09:46 AM
If you wanna se boxy, see a volvo 740-760 series sedan... boxy as eff.
that's the one car that winds "the too boxy even for me" award. and i like boxy cars.

Justin86
10-30-2005, 09:21 AM
did any of you guys actually read that article or the entire mag period. Maybe you missed the 5 pages article on an 85 prelude............. If someone was to put in some pics of their very clean 3g we might get some more respect and I'm working on it myself

AccordEpicenter
10-30-2005, 10:08 AM
i guess ill have to send them pics and info about my car, as generic as it looks

speedpenguin
10-31-2005, 02:05 PM
did any of you guys actually read that article or the entire mag period. Maybe you missed the 5 pages article on an 85 prelude............. If someone was to put in some pics of their very clean 3g we might get some more respect and I'm working on it myself
i did just mention that...
in fact, that was the entire point of my statement.
however, since i have my car is nowhere near worth magazine coverage, (maybe in a few years...sigh) i may as well send them a letter asking them to be littlemore open-minded about their coverage. if they'll use an 88 civic wagon as a project car, i'm sure we can get a 3G in there, but those of us who have no 3G to put in there may as well try to help out those who do

2drSE-i
10-31-2005, 07:52 PM
who knows, maybe if we get that one dude who just came back on and posted pics (the whats up guys post?) in the magazine, theyll tell our sob story about how he had to custom fabricate almost everything on his car.

gfrg88
10-31-2005, 08:34 PM
it seems like before, like maybe a a year or two, there where more people with show cars and engine swaps, whatever happened to all of these people???

theres still a lot of badass cars out there that can be in the mag, like iceman, accordepicenter, wickedaccord, johny o, and other guys i cant think of right now, i say we send them a letter with all of the best cars and their info/mods

Project-LXi
11-01-2005, 01:26 AM
Personally, I like Honda Tuning. In the past, articles like this would piss me off. But when you look at it, its true. The 3rd gen accord IS boxy... however I like the boxy styling. And out of the box, it IS gutless. But then again so are those ugly 80s 4 door civics they like to feature. Its all a matter of what you put into the car.

If someone had a nice, fast 3g submitted, I bet they would feature it, and even eat some of their own words... would do a hell of a lot for the car's aftermarket status as well.

Acid X
11-01-2005, 01:41 AM
Accord Epicenter should have a photo session with his car and then mail it all to Honda Tuning mag.. I'm sure if they saw it it'd get featured in one way or another. :)

2drSE-i
11-01-2005, 07:30 AM
i think we should submit this guy

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=47336

his car is bad ass! maybe modify the engine a lil more ;)

Project-LXi
11-03-2005, 10:36 PM
i think we should submit this guy
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=47336
his car is bad ass! maybe modify the engine a lil more ;)

all show no go

2drSE-i
11-03-2005, 10:37 PM
as i said maybe modify the engine a lil more

AccordEpicenter
11-04-2005, 04:16 PM
we need to flood them with pics/info of some cars that have a good amount of work to them...

speedpenguin
11-05-2005, 07:04 PM
well said. why don't we stop talking about this and do it?