PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Accords... who still has one?

AccordEpicenter
10-21-2005, 07:06 PM
Ive heard rumors of sean still having his turbo accord. Elijah, are you back up and running yet? Rob, whats going on with your setup? Adam still has his, and i have mine... thats all i know of. I havent even heard anything from the johnny O camp either... Justin/paul/accordtheory had theirs... Accordtheory are you rebuilding or going b series? Just wondering what everybody is up to... I think somebody else had a turbo kit in process... Post up peeps

89T
10-21-2005, 07:20 PM
iI've been running around in the springs since may or june.
i have a fully built bottom end t/3 garrett a few extras, and planning stage 2 on my build..

gfrg88
10-21-2005, 10:19 PM
89turbo'ed? can you post up some pics of your set-up??

adams86lxi
10-21-2005, 10:47 PM
iI've been running around in the springs since may or june.
i have a fully built bottom end t/3 garrett a few extras, and planning stage 2 on my build..

yea, lets see some pics.

BTW: yep i still have mine! But of course it doesnt run right now lol.

Hash_man_Se_i
10-22-2005, 01:43 AM
I know elijah isnt on here much lately, but I believe his car is still in paint... otherwise its ready to be put back together, still turbo,

AccordEpicenter
10-22-2005, 01:52 PM
Didnt bobafett have a project too?

bobafett
10-22-2005, 02:21 PM
hell yes...

:) i sent sample piston and a sheet showing what i want out of the new pistons to dimond.. they need to get back to me and let me buy the damn things... about 2 weeks from then the shop gets my pistons and can finish my motor.

CR will be like 9.46:1 :D i just went down to the shop and saw my motor setup, head is pretty much assembled, they need an extra valve cover cause to fit the f22 distributor on there, we are gonn weld a bracket to the valve cover. :) not much else we can do unforntunately. also i need to find another extra thermostat housing , cause we are gonna have to pull the stud and install an allen hex stud for clearnance, in addition to grinding the shit down out of the dizzy and the thermostat housing. its gonna be a bitch to get this thing on here, im telling ya... but my b16 manifold is totally finished, and ported out to 68mm intake, and all hacked up so it can fit on the a20 head.

im taking recomendations for which turbo i should use, i am either going to use a t3, and try my monster brand new t3/t4 .63 turbine, .60 compresor, with 57trim stage 3 wheel, OR i will suck it up and buy either a gt25rs or gt28rs, im thinking the potato would be perfect, and they are less than $1k anymore... so im leaning towards some form of dual ball bearing turbo so i can have a quick spool up with what im assuming will be a miserable low end in my car! :)

my turbo project is going to be postoned for quite some time though. im gonna get it all running good NA, learn how to tune with crome on obd1 p75 and then once im comfortable with the tuning, and i have bought a 2nd car (not gonna boost my only car since i drive like 500 miles week).

anyway, if your car is running 13s with 13psi and marginal tune, im really optimistic about my times. im hoping for mid to high 14's NA, and i guess it just depends on how much money i want to spend (axles, slicks, tranny) for how fast i want to go boosted. :)

mykwikcoupe
10-22-2005, 09:37 PM
Ive got mine still in the boxes waiting the garage state though. b20a turbo. Ive got a t3 42/48 2.5 in downpipe external wastegate. looking at the 60/63 also with the 57 trim. The potato is a killer turbo but the lag issue is around high 3800 from the numbers and thats not cool with a motor that revs to 7k. youve lost half the range.

Im thinking the larger turbo and if Im not in the 12s pretty easy on some mickey et drags Ill be on the bottle real fast on top. Im going obd1 with a datalogger so tuning is going to be ease. I work with a bunch of drag racers and i get toms of crap from them so id like to at least compete in the 12.5 class and still have a daily driver. Should be pretty easy.

AccordEpicenter
10-23-2005, 08:16 AM
youll have a way way better top end pull with a t3/t04E or B 57 or 60 trim. Even the T3 60/63 is a fine choice for that setup, the 42/48 will work but itll get restrictive once you start making real power. Yeah getting into the 12s shouldnt be too hard, im gonna get there soon also, on a stock engine, if it kills me haha

bobafett
10-23-2005, 10:03 AM
oh you will get there. yeah im really tempted to run the turbo i have. its pretty big, but it will be fun as hell to run that sort of setup, im more into moving quick in a striaght line than cornering anyway. lol

Accordtheory
10-24-2005, 04:25 PM
I'll eventually be rolling with a vtec b series and a holset turbo. It will start out as a stock ls, for smog, and then end up with a vtec head, type r cams, edelbrock/bbk/revhard im, hx 40 turbo, 740cc injectors, etc. right now all I have is the ls shit and an ls tranny. My unsleeved ungirdled ls block has a gsr crank, eagle rods, endyn pistons, wiseco rings.

AccordEpicenter
10-27-2005, 04:09 PM
just block fill the top and you should be ready to rock

88turboaccord
10-27-2005, 07:27 PM
I still have mine--well sort of....

AccordEpicenter
10-27-2005, 07:33 PM
you should build a new setup

88turboaccord
10-28-2005, 08:11 AM
I do have a new set-up. It is called an audi S4 twin turbo......

:mod:

Accordtheory
10-28-2005, 10:08 AM
just block fill the top and you should be ready to rock
I have no idea..

accord_rcr
10-28-2005, 10:22 AM
I'll eventually be rolling with a vtec b series and a holset turbo. It will start out as a stock ls, for smog, and then end up with a vtec head, type r cams, edelbrock/bbk/revhard im, hx 40 turbo, 740cc injectors, etc. right now all I have is the ls shit and an ls tranny. My unsleeved ungirdled ls block has a gsr crank, eagle rods, endyn pistons, wiseco rings.

where did u find the brackets for a b-series swap?

Accordtheory
10-28-2005, 10:39 AM
I haven't. And it's really starting to piss me off! Everyone is like, 'search, and you will find all the answers'. I haven't found shit, other than people who are using the no longer available PRI kit, people who are bullshitting about other options but haven't actually done anything, and people who seem to have it all figured out but casually leave out any info. And to top it off, I am picky as fuck. I don't want my car to vibrate, yet I want it to be able to take hard axle damaging launches without the engine flopping all over the place like a fucking limp dill.

I really don't want to have to use stock 90-93 integra mounts with es poly inserts, but at this point it's coming down to that. And that's not exactly a drop in proposition either, but I do have a mig welder and a plasma cutter, so I should be able to make it work.

AccordEpicenter
10-28-2005, 12:30 PM
yeah, i really think you should make your own mounts. If you can fab decent enough you should be fine, just take your time and make sure the geometry is correct (ie the axles will drive straight and in line, without one higher than the other or more frontward or rearward etc). I have a solid front motor mount, urethane filled pretty much all the rest, but i still have movement, i believe around the rear tranny mount/dogbone mount area, so im gonna put a snubber under the diff on the tranny on the crossmember to help keep the movement down on hard launches. I think i might have broken another mount somewhere again... ahhh doesnt really matter shes going into storage for winter in a few days...

Accordtheory
10-28-2005, 03:52 PM
You can adjust/modify the torque mount aka 'dogbone' to minimize engine movement..I like that design, and I'll try to adapt it to work with the b series. If your other mounts are okay, and if you haven't already tried this, adjust the front bushing on the dogbone so it will hit if the engine barely moves back at all. Mine was all the way forward. During cruising, normal driving, etc the bushing doesn't even push against the dogbone, just like the lower torque mounts on the 94+ integra. I think the 90-93 integra has the worst design of the 3, with the torque mounts being at the back and front of the tranny..

3G Jester
11-05-2005, 07:41 PM
did 89turbo'ed? ever post pics? or did he run off too....

89T
11-05-2005, 08:15 PM
yeh, but you have to look for them....

check 1/4 mile times

3G Jester
11-05-2005, 08:17 PM
you take shitty pics man :P ha..looks good you should get some more. where did you pull your turbo from?

gfrg88
11-05-2005, 08:28 PM
i think thats the first time that someone was starting to flame this guy and all of a sudden he shut ALL of us up :lol:
that set up looks good btw

89T
11-05-2005, 08:58 PM
i'll get more and better pic's done soon.
by the way every thing that was fabricated on this build was done by me.
header ,exhaust, ect. (i'd rather make it then pay for it.):lol:
svo.
but i have a t3/t4 hybrid 62-1 stage 3 waiting for stage 2 of the build.
thats going to be sick.

RobT5580
11-06-2005, 06:49 PM
I still have my setup but its apart once again and it will be until i find out whats going wrong with it. At the moment im looking at buying a new car so far iv looked at an 06 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT and i want to look at the 06 Civic Si but it wont be released until december. I have things going with work that will make a big change in my income so things might work out. At the moment i just want to strip the entire car and do it all the way body, interior, and engine all in one shot instead of one area at a time.

We shall see how winter goes right now the accord has a stock B20A in it and is running other than i just found the radiator upper core is cracked and now leaking and the injector seals are leaking so more than likely i will rip it all apart and get the body work rolling if i dont get caught up in a new car.

Turbo's are very addicting so i still want to finish this thing. I got a lot of attention this summer with it and never got the chance to race the thing against another car so i cant say how fast it really was. But it was a lot faster than the stock B20A i can tell you that and i could rip tire (with the LSD) at higher speeds than i ever expected. Its fun but frustraiting as hell with all the time and money invested so hopefully the new shop i plan to use has some good insight on whats going on.

Coroncho80
11-06-2005, 07:18 PM
I still have my setup but its apart once again and it will be until i find out whats going wrong with it. At the moment im looking at buying a new car so far iv looked at an 06 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT and i want to look at the 06 Civic Si but it wont be released until december. I have things going with work that will make a big change in my income so things might work out. At the moment i just want to strip the entire car and do it all the way body, interior, and engine all in one shot instead of one area at a time.
We shall see how winter goes right now the accord has a stock B20A in it and is running other than i just found the radiator upper core is cracked and now leaking and the injector seals are leaking so more than likely i will rip it all apart and get the body work rolling if i dont get caught up in a new car.
Turbo's are very addicting so i still want to finish this thing. I got a lot of attention this summer with it and never got the chance to race the thing against another car so i cant say how fast it really was. But it was a lot faster than the stock B20A i can tell you that and i could rip tire (with the LSD) at higher speeds than i ever expected. Its fun but frustraiting as hell with all the time and money invested so hopefully the new shop i plan to use has some good insight on whats going on.

I was wondering what were you up to with your car. The above statement answers my quesitons.

How is Steve and his LS/Vtec doing? How about Mark? I got a new number and have to give him a call.

RobT5580
11-07-2005, 04:37 PM
Dont know i have not seem them in a bit. Im starting to get my motivation back after going to my friends shop tonight and seeing a skyline motor in a 1972 Nissan "Z" plus my friend just got a late 90's V8 TT Lotus. If things work out i will get my car in his shop for winter and rip it all apart and start from scratch and do a full body restoration bottom up.

And i got some new stuff going into the accord if i get my way so we will see how it plays out in the spring.

AccordEpicenter
11-10-2005, 05:47 PM
yeah rob, i seriously cant wait til you get that thing done. Its an awesome car and setup

NXRacer
11-10-2005, 06:00 PM
i'm waiting to win the lottery to boost my car since that seems to be the only way i'm gonna get enough money together to boost my car. :(
i've got great dreams and aspirations though!!! :lol: